Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryuhoh84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 10:48 AM
    My friend is going to foreclose her home. Will this affect her business?
    My friend is about to foreclose her home. She owns a business and is worried that the bank may be able to put a lien on it or seize it when her house is foreclosed. What can she do to prevent this, or can this even happen? Should she change the ownership name of her business and put it under someone else's name right now, like her daughters or something?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 02:23 PM
    She may owe the lender after the foreclosure sale; if so, the lender may be able to pursue her individually. She may want to incorporate her business; it will be a separate legal entity and not subject to her individual debts. However, if she were sued and the plaintiff recovered a judgement, the creditor could garnish her wages/pay where she is employed even if she owns it. It is not recommended to place ownership of an adult's property in a child's name when the child is a minor.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Feb 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Incorporating after foreclosure has started may be viewed as a FRAUDLENT TRANSFER OF ASSETS... she needs to be VERY CAREFUL that nothing of her business is predicated on her owning the home - like a line of credit or building lease.

If there is a deficiency judgement after the bank takes back the property, she needs to declare BK.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Hopefully she already set up a LLC for the business already, if she tries to do it now, it really will not protect anything, since it will be seen as just a fraud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you foreclose/repossess/ evict from owner financed mobile home I'm mass? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband sold our mobile home to a woman on ssdi she knew the contract conditions,now she has no electric,no home owners and she has taken out appliances in the mobile and gave them away even tough contract states she cannot,she alao cancelled her homeowners insurance which is in...

Foreclose or Bankruptcy? [ 2 Answers ]

Which is better for your credit?

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search