Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sid9000 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Received W2 from a job I left a year ago.
    I left job A in Feb 2007. I already finished filing a return for this job in Feb. I switched jobs but I still received a W2 from job A as income earned in 2007. Could this be a error on their part?Should I just ignore it?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 10:32 AM
    No it is nor error on their part.
    You must report this income on your 2007 tax return. Now you need to file amended tax return.
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Feb 14, 2008, 01:02 PM
    How did you come with the figures to file for that job? Did you use your last pay check stub? Do the figures match exactly on your pay check stub and the w-2 that they sent you in 2007. Then what is the problem? You filed it as if you had a w-2. As long as the figures match, and you claimed the income, you should be okay. The IRS might ask you to send in your copy of the w-2 if you mailed in your return. UNLESS> You are trying to tell us that you actually worked this job in 2006 and claimed it on your 2006 return. Then mukata is right, you need to amend your 2006 and your 2007 if you're already filed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I broke up with my ex a year ago but I am not sure if I want him back? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I broke up with him a year and something ago I still think about him but I am not sure whether this is just a normal procedure because we have been together for four years and its quite difficult to forget them or I am still in love with him. I believe that lot of the magic is gone.

Had Mono 5 months ago, now have pain in upper left abdomen [ 2 Answers ]

I had mono for about 6 weeks in July, 06. About two months ago, I started having mild abdominal pain in my upper left abdomen. It has gotten no better nor worse during that time. It does not inhibit me from my normal activities; it's just worrying. It feels similar to how that area felt when I had...

My six month old kitten left 5 days ago... [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gorgeous 1 year old cat-Mayhem and a six month old kitten-Matilda. They are the best of friends. The both of them have a great home here and lots of love. Each day the cats beg to leave the house. They know how to open the screen and come and go as they please. The older cat has been doing...

View more questions Search