Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucinda98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Can I write off summer school for ADHD child?
    My 9 year old daughter has ADHD. She attended Sylvan Learning Center last summer to try to catch up to other students her age. We purchased a block of hours for $ 3,800. She attended all summer and on weekends till Christmas. She studied reading, writing, and math.
    She has an IEP from her elementary school since 1st grade. Thanks Lucinda
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
    I don't think so, as Sylvan Learning Center is a private facility, not a state or government run facility.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 01:49 PM
    In my opinion, it would be a stretch to claim this as a child-care facility.

This is actally private tutoring and would be considered private schooling, and the IRS is NOT REAL KEEN about anyone in any income bracket trying to deduct private schooling on their tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Continued child support when child quits school [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York & this is my question... Does one have to continue paying support when the child quits school at 17? His mother will not enforce any rules on the child & will not make the child work or at least get his GED. Mother & father were never married, court ordered support payments,...

Financial Aid for high school student summer studies abroad [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has been accepted into a program (People to People Student Ambassador Program). She will be going to France, Italy, and Spain this summer (2008). The cost for the program is 6,000 which I cannot afford. Is there financial aid or grants for international studies abroad for high school...

Teaching at summer school [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I'm looking for some ideas for an ongoing project at a summer school (EFL) for kids. I usually teach business english to execs so this is quite a departure for me. I'm really looking forward to it though. Ill have a curriculum so most of the classes will be pretty tight but I have...

View more questions Search