Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 21, 2006, 01:43 PM
    This means nothing to me...
    "Oh Vienna..." so sang Midge Your,and Ultravox in 1981.Odd then that with Windows Vista,due for release Xmas 2006,that Redmond and co,are already working on the next OS.
    It's code name is Vienna.I checked a reputable link,to see if it was a joke:

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+looks+...l?tag=nefd.top

But no,it's true.Originally code named Blackcomb,Vienna is beyond the drawing board stage apparently.I even checked an off-stream site called Channel 9,which is the preserve of MS employees,nosey geek journalists,and anyone interested in MS heavon.Yep,beyond the tape,they too,albeit,not officially splashed on the front page... you have to dig deep,and,er... ask,but Vienna it is.

Hmmn.My question is what is/could/maybe/is'nt wrong with Vista then?

Please don't be ME version 2 :eek:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 21, 2006, 01:55 PM
    With all the broken promises surrounding Vista and the minimum specs to run it, I'm really not looking forward to it at all.

Vista was meant to be a massive leap forward in Windows, just like Windoze 95 was compared to 3.1. Since they have removed most of the really good bits I believe that it may very well turn out to be a bloatware ridden ME for the 21st Century.

Once they remove the marketing/sales depts from the equation we then may end up with an OS that's really worth buying. Only time will tell really, remember all the problems XP had before the release of SP1 ?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 07:22 AM
    Hi,
    Remember Internet Explorer 5.5? Took months and months before it would work without crashing!
    I guess much of this has become "normal" for Microsoft.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2006, 08:28 AM
    This is not unusual for Microsoft or any software developer. Features planned for a project are causing a problem being integrated into the product. So a decision is made to delay the release until all the new features are ready or remov some for the features for future release.

Microsoft has set the release that for Vista for 2nd half of 2006. I believe they want it in PCs in time for the Xmas selling season. Dropping features to make that timing is not unlikely. That's why the future generation is already in the works be the next generation is released.

All software companies work that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do think religion means in today's society? [ 8 Answers ]

As a christian I have noticed that as time passes by, the meaning and values of religions is diminishing. The respect towards it mean nothing and the boudaries that protect the rights of religion do not mean anything. Shows are constantly making fun of god. Society disrespects god, and the thing...

Word means "reply quickly" [ 17 Answers ]

I remember that I have read and look up in dictionary a word which describe an ability or characteristic of a person (maybe a little child) who are able to reply (in communication) very quickly and clever. I read that word long time ago and now I need it. However, I cannot remember it and I...

This means she like me better than likes me right. [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so for about 4 months now I'm been going out with this girl. The thing is I had to lie to her parents and she as to lie to her parents about my name. Cause they found out that I took her and her friend somewhere to have a drink. Where all minors, anyway the other girl blabbed her mouth and...

Do not know what this message means, can you help? [ 35 Answers ]

*Good afternoon: I need some help to solve these problems on my computer. I tried to copy and paste into this forum but for I was unable to do this function. Is this possible here? And how do I do it. It might not matter because I have typed what the pop boxes indicate. There are 4 boxes...

Computers: It means what? [ 5 Answers ]

512MB DDR RAM 266Mhz (2x256MB) Does this mean that if I choose this option 266Mhz will be ADDED to my computer? And can your RAM get less on a computer? Thanks, Conrad

View more questions Search