Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dakota3194 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Eviction in WA
    I was served a eviction notice from the court but the landlord neve gave me a 20 day notice and my brother was the one that took the eviction notice from the server does that count
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Well if you would have showed up in court and fought the eviction, on the grounds you were never given notice to pay. But you were served, yes serving a relation at the address is allowed.

Not after the court but in court was where you needed to object.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I doubt if the landlord could have gotten a court order unless they had followed form. But if they didn't you can argue that when you answer the court summons. You can also argue improper service, but since you got the summons its probably moot.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota3194
    I was served a eviction notice from the court but the landlord neve gave me a 20 day notice and my brother was the one that took the eviction notice from the server does that count

Three types of service - personal, nail and mail or substitute (on a responsible adult). Appears a responsible adult was served and, anyway, he handed it to you so, yes, it's good service.

Very difficult to evict someone - are you sure you never got a 20 day notice? Or perhaps because of the circumstances the 20 day notice was waived or not required?

Sounds like it's too late now to set this aside - what are the grounds for the eviction? Did you see this coming?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Hello dakota:

Washington is a very tenant friendly state. If you tell us what happened, we can tell you what to do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction [ 8 Answers ]

In Mississippi, what are the laws concerning a parent evicting an adult child? And what steps would need to be taken.

Eviction in SC [ 1 Answers ]

I was jts evicted without notice no written document--I was wondering if I was suppose to get 30 days notice even though all the landlord and myself had was a verbal agreement. I was told to get out of her house and was not able to properly collect my things. I am confussed and I feel I like I...

Eviction ? [ 7 Answers ]

I just two days ago bought a house from an investor who bought the house out of foreclosure one month ago. The original owner is still residing in the house with no written agrement with the first investor nor has paid any rent money for the past month. What is the minimal time required on the...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 18 yr old, nearly 19. He does not want to help out around the house. Bad influence on 15 yr old. Pays 300 dollars a month rent. I want him to move out and be on his own. How can I make him leave?

View more questions Search