Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Mar 18, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by the1unv
    I just don't know how a tool that lasts 6 months can compare to a tool that lasts 6 years.
    I hear what you're saying, Mike, and I agree for any tool except cordless. I've just never seen a battery last that long when its in regular use. Actually, they probably won' t last that long when its not in use either. You just can't win with batteries.

Just to change the subject a little, has anyone every bought one of those cordless tool sets? You know: drill, circular saw, sawzall, charger + batteries. I see them for sale all over, but I just don't get the point of those things. Am I missing something?

David
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Never bought one, but the cost of batteries and a charger adds up significantly if purchased with each tool separately. In some cases, like a Dewalt wet/dry vac. It is purchased corded, but the charger and battery has to be added separately or borrowed from another Dewalt cordless tool.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Mar 19, 2008, 06:32 AM
    I have had really good luck with batteries I guess. (knock on wood) The best I have found is DeWalt and Craftsman. I do a couple things a lot of people don't however. I have found that these things help. When your battery is done charging... remove it from the charger, never let it sit there. When I put my tools up for the night I always remove the batteries from the drills. Most drill cases have a spot for two batteries. I always make sure my batteries are charged. I never put a dead battery in the case. Like I said before I have 14.4 and 18 volt batteries that are 5-6 years old and they still function fine. A lot of times it is how you treat the tools that determines their life span. For instance, the 7/8" Hitachi hammer drill my son drove over last summer didn't last to long. :-)))
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Torque, Rigid Bodies, Rotational Motion, etc. [ 5 Answers ]

I am completely lost on 4 of my homework problems. I just need to know how to set them up. We went through this chapter so fast that it's hard for me to remember exactly what to do. 1. A uniform 13-kg trap door is oriented horizontally and hinged as shown. (It has a length of 0.75 m) What is...

Buy a TV [ 1 Answers ]

I'm living in delhi,india I have to buy a television anf my budget is inr rs.10000/- what you suggest which brand I can go for

Who would buy this? [ 14 Answers ]

I get one of thees just about every week. It's too funny. I had to share. Anyone who wants is welcome to take him up. <My name is Eric goodman the personal lawyer to Jonathan Caru,a merchant from Kuwait who died in a London hospital a week ago.He was diagnosed with lung cancer which defiled...

What do I buy for.her [ 4 Answers ]

Tomorrow is my friends sisters party she's turning 4 years old. We got her a card and a gift card too{ toys r us.} is that a good gift.and if the people that are going too answer and want too talk about boys and stuff like that.my e-mail is{ [email protected].}

What the best PC to buy [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me what the best PC to buy. I have a dell PC about a year now and have had trouble twice.

View more questions Search