Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    osirus82 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Goodman mgmt090-3a no ignition
    Got home last night no heater on, usually it's the pressure relay hose/metal housing intack with minteral buildup, checked all clear, turned on I hear gas coming on but no ignition, I test it 3 times after the third time finally get led light either blinking 1 time or constantly there's about a second and half dealy between beeps, 1 beep refers to pressure switch, flame sensor or hot surface ignitor, the part number on the HSI is 271N, is it acceptable if a hvac professional used a nongoodman HSI? I searched the part shows up as Norton 271N. Can I use any HSI? Were should I go from here? Buy the part 30.00$ replace? Thanks

Feb 13, 2008, 12:18 PM
    I will check the voltage for 120 when I get back home and update, if I get 120 it will be the HSI found locally for 45.00, thanks

Anyone know the delay between the led status lights to confirm if this is 1 beep or constant beep?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 03:33 PM
    From what you say it is a one blink signal you are looking at. That could be a problem with various parts. If the HSI is not glowing then that is what I would check first. CAUTION do not touch the HSI glow part with your bare hand. Oils on your fingers can cause it to expire sooner.

Feb 14, 2008, 06:18 AM
    OK, it was the HSI ( white mark, crack), in the mean time I also replace the pressure switch all in all took about and hour after I found a small screwdriver, only cost parts 45.00 HSI 24.00 pressure switch. To all this is a very simple thing to do if you don't mind getting a little dirty, but it better then paying 350.00 for hvac guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace ignition not occurring [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a GMP075-4 Goodman gas heating & air conditioning that comes on but no ignition occurs. I have done the minor troubleshooting process written on the instruction sheet but that didn't help. I turned off the power supply to the furnace and turned off the ignition switch and...

Goodman Furnace -takes 2 Or 3 Ignition Cycles before Stays Running [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,hope you can help me out.i have a goodman manufacturing forced air furnace that i believe is giving me a warning sign of a future failure.what has happened is in this order,1st one morning the thermostat showed that the furnace was on and it was'nt.turned it off and then back on at the...

More ignition troubles [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 94 civic, turn on the key and no check engine like and no fuel pump. Switched relay with a known working one, nothing. Checked all fuses, nothing. Check sensors for power(tps and map) have power so ecu's fine, also switched ecu with my obd1 teg and still nothing. I ran a jumper wire on the...

93 civic no ignition [ 7 Answers ]

The car stalled and would crank but not fire. The check engine light goes off. I have fuel pressure. I do not have spark, and the spark plugs do not get wet with fuel after cranking the engine a while. I have checked the coil, icm, main relay, ckp/tdc/cyp. I tried checking the map sensor, and I...

Ignition problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Miller propane furnace with hot surface ignition. Most of the time it starts and ignites fine, but sometimes the furnace will start but will not light until you open the door and shut it so it resets.I have replaced the Honeywell single try hot suface igniter with a new 3-try igniter. It...

View more questions Search