Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenn_r21 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Why am I still feeling this way?
    My ex and I broke up over 4 1/2 months ago and I still feel as though I'm in love with him..

I've tried everything.. I've stopped the communication for a while now, I've kept busy with things, spending time with people I care about, doing things for myself (ie working out) and I do feel happy, but I just have these small bursts of "omg, i still love him"... I've never had that before. I've also never felt his way either... perhaps that's why?

I just feel as though it's going to be forever before I get over him, if I ever do. I think I'm having a difficult time because I have no reason to hate him or anything like that. The break up was agreed upon and yeah.

He has moved on with another girl and I have had no contact with him for forever, not to mention I have no idea what's going on with him (which is a good thing) because he's way down in the States and I'm in Canada. So it's not like I see him or anything. He's off my msn, Facebook, everything -- and he has been for a while.

I don't know what else to do? I don't want another relationship right now, not because I still care about him, but because I want to be single for a while. So I have no idea what more to do? I guess I just need to keep moving along and keep doing what I'm doing and hope that this feeling will pass *shrugs*... hopefully.

Maybe deep down I don't want to stop loving him, maaaaaaaaaaan I don't know.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Patients my dear, as your wounds are still fresh, and have been reopened by his moving on to another. It is so normal to have these feelings, but not healthy to sit on the pity pot. Not saying that's what you do, just saying that you shouldn't do that. Instead when ever he pops into your head, get up and get busy with anything, that will change your focus from him. I use to polish my shoes, but whatever you can do is fine. Got any messy closets, that's perfect.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Darlin, you still care because you gave a part of your heart to him. You loved him. You shared your life with him while you were together. And that's a beautiful thing.

Like tal says, yous just need time. Yes, time does heal. It deadens the pain and takes the bite off the sting. The time line for healing after a break up is different for everyone... but you will heal.

Take up a new hobby. Spend time with your girlfriends. Develop a new skill. Paint your apartment. Read that book that you've always wanted to. Take lots of bubble baths and eat lots of Godiva.

Take your time. Don't try and force yourself to heal, but let patience work its wonderful magic in your heart.

Keep your chin up, hon. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not feeling like myself :( [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I just had a question, I have no idea what's going on with me! I didn't know where else to post this, but I'm a woman, so I guess this would be the place haha :) So lately I've had this cold and a headache, but it's normal cold stuff, whatever, but when I'm sick I just like to vedge and...

That feeling. [ 4 Answers ]

Even one has had that feeling where you really like sum1 and you think its guna go somewhere then the other person doesn't feel the same. And the feeling of dissapointment sticks in your stomach for weeks. Well I have that at the mo,, me and the girl I like are friends and ii thought it mite go...

Feeling Sorry For Ones Self [ 4 Answers ]

How can I stop feeling sorry for myself?

I still have feeling for my ex [ 7 Answers ]

Hey You! Well I really like this guy and he asked my out a couple of days ago. I really do like him and would go out with him but for some reason I scared of getting hurt again.I think I still have feeling for my ex. In the past relationship my boyfriend cheated on me with this girl he goes to...

View more questions Search