Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Trinkett update (and cage rest request!)
    Just an fyi: Got the MRI done (yeah, probably overkill, but I really do like to know what's going on with my animals). Turns out that the problem is a protruding disc, low in the neck. (This was a phone conversation... poor puppy is currently 120 miles away! I'll get more details when I pick her up.) Good news is that it's not compressing the spinal cord, but is bad enough to be causing her some pain. Given the risks of the surgery compared to her current state, the optimal course of treatment is cage rest. For six weeks. For a dog that lives for walks! Yikes!

Any helpful tips for getting through the next six weeks are greatly appreciated!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 08:31 PM
    All I can think of are the kongs and if you can find a trust worthy chewy that she will not shred. Good Luck Trink
    ayashe Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Feb 12, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Fill the Kongs with peanut butter.. if the puppy can tolerate it on their tummy. It will keep way boredom for about an hour or so. Lots of movies in bed with mom would be lovely too.. good luck to you both!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Glad you now know why she has to be on cage rest. Does playing catch the foot with her back legs hurt her neck? Dogs 'see' odors like colors, let her smell something completely new each day. Play doggie movies for her. How would she do with a quiet companion, like an old dog-savvy cat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Am I really have to be alone for the rest of my life [ 4 Answers ]

I'm already 30 years old this but still cannot find a girlfriend after my break-up with my ex 6 years ago.recently I'm even fall in love with 1 of my coworker but she had boyfriend already.initially I think we only friends but our relation grow until now only I realize that I love her.I know we are...

Rest in peace huny [ 56 Answers ]

My ex fiancé hung himself Friday,we were still in a bit of contact, because he was on cociane. I don't know what to do. I found him and what I saw is haunting me,I can't close my eyes because I see him just hanging there.I know I shouldn't blame myself but I was the last one to see him alive,I...

Yes another dusty room, different from the rest. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my names chris and I'm new to this forum. But I just moved into a new home, and my attic where I put my office and bed is extremely dusty. It has like a cheap thin carpet down, and when I lifted it up there was so much dust on the ground I was surprised. I own my own business so I do a lot of...

Bed rest [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dr today because I had a scare on Saturday, I had passed a small amount of mucus and had cramps all day. I didn't go to the emergency room cause if something was happening this early on there's not much that they could do but have me lay down and take it easy. Well my dr said that I'm...

View more questions Search