Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yaroslava Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Me and my husband made 35,000 dollars but I didn't work half a yeay will we get money
    My husband and I are making are income tax jointly. Together we made 35,000 dollars and my question is if we could get money back?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Yes, you could. That is based on how much you overpaid to the government in withholding, not based on how many months you worked. Plus married people frequently have a lot of other things that can be deducted... house mortgage interest, some medical expenses, education costs, 1000 other things. You could owe money for all we know.

Your post has about 1% of the info needed to actually answer the question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 09:40 PM
    As noted, you have an income, what do you have for deductions, or is it going to be standard deductions. Next what was the amount of money that was paid in during the year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

$90,000 debt. $10,000 inheritance. How to best spend the money? [ 8 Answers ]

I am so glad for this resource!! =) Thanks for your time in examining my financial issues. I am a 30 year-old female living in Atlanta, GA. I rent an apartment in the city, for around $650 a month (thank God for tax-credit apartments!) =) I have the regular bills: electric ($70), water ($28), cell...

Received a 35,000.00 dollars judgement but still no justice served. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a contractor in Virginia and was recently burned by a customer /contractor. This was a job done at a federal facility(Post-Office) in which I was acting as a subcontractor for a contractor I had done many other jobs for in the past. I paid my crew and for equipment and completed the job. In...

All taxes paid back if made less than 20,000 in nj? [ 1 Answers ]

On my New Jersey state tax, if I made less than 20,000 I don't have to file a return. If I do, will they give me back everything I paid in because I made so little? Or does it not work that way? -thank you so much for the help

View more questions Search