Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peggie63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 06:57 PM
    How do I include my name on a mortgage without refinancing?
    I have a dilemma. I have been in a relationship for 10 years, however, my name is not on the mortgage or the deed. We have discussed putting my name on the deed and or the mortgage, but before we were able to refinance and include me in the mortgage, my Ex lost a long term job, and I do not make enough myself to qualify for a mortgage even though I am making the payments. Is there any way to add my name to the mortgage and deed without having to refinance?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Talk to your mortgage lender.
    Peggie63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Talk to your mortgage lender.
    I was really hoping for a little more information before I spoke to the lender. That way I wouldn't be walking in blind to the terms and the possible outcomes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Sorry but it is completely up to your lender and perhaps even the type of loan.

If you wanted to take a name off, that is a lot harder, they may merely allow you to sign a amendment to the loan, or just allow you to sign a new loan document, But there is no way to make them do anything, it will be completely up to the loan company, the terms of the loan, and even perhaps the type of loan
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2008, 05:49 PM
    That's the point, its totally up to the lender. Each one has their own rules and terms. Since its only adding your name there may be no big deal.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Feb 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Property owner can quit claim portion/% of the property to you to get your name on TITLe and you do NOT have to refinance the property - it remains as a lien and you have % interest in the equity... talk to an attorney or title company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinancing mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

Hello OK I would like to refi my mortgage , I have 8% now for 30 yrs. Owe 37,000 and 10,000 on a second.  my credit score is 635  and 4yrs out of bankruptcy, I have 2,000 in credit cared debt and owe 5,700 for my car. Which is 99.00 a mo ,  my mort  is 448 a mo that is piti.. The second is...

Mortgage refinancing adding someone to deed [ 2 Answers ]

We would like to refinance our home But because we don't have work history Or good credit- someone suggested we ask someone to refinance the home for us, in their name. My father-in-law has agreed but was told once he gets on the deed it would take a year for us to be able to refinance. Is...

Refinancing mortgage during chapter 13 [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in chapter 13 for almost one year. I have an adjustable reate mortgage which keeps increasing $200 every 6 months. How canI refiance to a fixed rate mortgage? I basically have only house payment and court payment. I appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks

Re-refinancing my home mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently refinanced my home (3 weeks ago). I refinanced from 6.875 to 5.625%. We do not close until the 29th, 4 more days. Since I received the rate of 5.625, I've noticed the rates have dropped another 1/2%, and now down to 4.875 to 5.25 with not points (in my area). I...

View more questions Search