Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kristyn1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Affect of Foreclosure on credit
    I purchased a new home and have been trying to sell my old home 2 years. I have tried renting it, but the renters don't pay and I have had to spend money in court evicting them. It is getting to the point where it will be difficult for me to pay for both houses. Should I just let the house foreclose? How will that affect my credit? I have heard it stays on my credit report for 7 years. Can the bank come after me in any way for the money they lose? Or will they just take the house?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
    They would take the house and sell it and come after you for the difference
    Like if you still owed 27, and they sold it for 21, they would want the 6,
    PLUS any costs they might want to charge you with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How foreclosure vs bankruptcy affect a joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Hi folks, We are in a peculiar situation, hoping that we could get some advise. Situation: over 12 yrs ago my wife had some savings (approx $7k) and opened an account with vanguard. On advise of her parents, the account was opened as a joint account with her brother, so if anything would...

Will foreclosure affect other properties I own? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 properties. One is in the process of foreclosure. I would like to know how will this affect my other property. The second house is being rented and it is up to date on mortgage payments. Thank you.

How does a 1099c affect my credit? [ 6 Answers ]

If I work out a settlement amount with a credit card company and they issue me a 1099c on the difference, how does this negatively affect my credit?

Foreclosure process and affect on credit [ 1 Answers ]

I am current on my mortgage payments however, my supportive income has been lost due to our separation. We were not married and his name was not on my home loan. I have attempted to sell the house in the past with no luck. I'm raising my children alone and it will be a true struggle to make the...

Does wife's credit affect mine? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has $5880 in credit card debt that has been turned over to collections. Do I have to worry about the debt affecting my credit? Will a judgement affect me? How likely is it that the company will sue? Can the company go after our joint checking account? How about a joint CD? I live in...

View more questions Search