Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovinglemons Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Gum Inflammation
    My friend has a gum inflammation. What procedure would the dentist go for? He is afraid of what the dentist would say... what do u recommend?
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Feb 12, 2008, 06:27 PM
    There is no set procedure that will just magically fix it at the dentist office. It is an infection of the gums. (S)he needs to start cleaning their teeth better to get rid of the infection, and continue it to keep it away. Floss, and brush and rinse with listerine twice a day.

Feb 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl
    There is no set procedure that will just magically fix it at the dentist office. It is an infection of the gums. (S)he needs to start cleaning their teeth better to get rid of the infection, and continue it to keep it away. Floss, and brush and rinse with listerine twice a day.
    Thanks I will pass the thought
    CSW6314 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Feb 13, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Does your friend floss daily. If he doesn't that may be the cause of the inflammation. She should go see a dentist who could perscribe him with some medicine
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Brushing and flossing alone will not rid the body of an infection, if that is what your friend has. He/she could simply have irritation due to poor oral health; if that's the case brushing, flossing and rinsing with a saltwater solution will help the situation improve. Tell your friend to make sure he/she is flossing properly (many people do it wrong) and is using a soft bristle toothbrush. If improving his/her oral health does not take care of the problem, if he/she has a fever, or any pus coming from the gums this would indicate an infection, which must be treated by a doctor with antibiotics. If your friend has health insurance it might be a good idea to go to the dentist to get check out anyway to nip any other problems in the bud.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 04:14 PM
    This is good for gum infection but you should not use baking soda regularly and peroxide only sometimes

½ c baking soda + 1 teaspoon salt + peroxide (diluted 50/50) with water. Caution: Use peroxide only 1x per day.

Feb 14, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Great stuff, he does brush but does not go as often as me (2 times a year) to the dentist... that solution could help though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addicted to gum? [ 18 Answers ]

I know this sounds stupid and not a real addiction like crack, but I am addicted to gum. With the orbit packs that hold 14, I had 6 packs in less than 20 minutes. I don't know why I just can't have one piece at a time and chew it for a long period. Suggestions?/

Inflammation of the uterine cells [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody! Ok, I have a quick question here. I just got my results back after my annual exam. The doctor told me that my pap results were normal, but my uterine cells showed some inflammation. She said that in my case this was nothing to worry about, happens to people frequently, and that I...

Gum lump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm khime I have notice a lump in my gum but its not hurting me,till now now its four months... but still not hurt(sorry for my wrong english)but I'm worried because. It already you know like you can see the lump hit my face... what do you think is this... is there any first aid to...

Gum Trim? [ 4 Answers ]

I have not been to the dentist in over five years, last week when I got dental insurance I finally went. She told me that my teeth were to small and that I needed to get them trimmed up. I always figured that because my husband playfully jokes about my tiny teeth. However, she was only a...

View more questions Search