Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waitresswhiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Backround check
    How far back does a backround check go? When a future employer searchs your backround do all my arrests describe themselves? For instance my current employer did a backround check and he said it kept coming back as a red flag.

-Moved from Forum Help-
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 04:04 PM
    A background check will go back to you were 18 ( or younger if you were tried as a adult) If this is a public background search, only convictions will show up, pretrial diversion, arrests or convictions that have been explunged willl not show up on the public background check.

Some companies buy "cheaper" checks and may only go bback 7 or 10 years, but they can go back all the way if they want, Most do I would guess.

Now if you are applying for a job that required a national security background check, or if you are going to work for a prison or a police department, they can see everything, every arrest will show up, even if dismissed or even if found not guilty, even explunged records will show up for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background check [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am natalija. Have a record of shoplifting and received provincial offence notice, and I plead guilty and paid the 500 Dollars, but should not appear in the court. Now I got a job offer from the private company but according to them ( a private and a very company) "once you have...

Background check [ 3 Answers ]

When a background check is done by an employer prior to hiring, what shows up? Crimes committed in only that state, or every state? Thanks!

Background Check? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I have a theft charge. I got defered ajudification if that's how you spell it well that means I never get convicted charged and it will only say pending for a year then dismissed for two years then completely gone after 3 years. But I Want a job and I am not sure what will come up when they...

Background check [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested for theft of items that came to a total of $210. It was a misdomenor (sp) I went to my first court date and the judge entered a plea of not guilty for me, I go back to court next week. My question is, I am starting a new job and they will be running a background check, will this show...

Background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help, how do I go about a background check on a private school for my 6th grader? I find it strange there is only 52 kids 1-12 grade?

View more questions Search