Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trainguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Trane XL1200 Control
    My Trane XL1200 continually shuts down with an error code that says "Replace Control." I jumpered around the thermostat to eliminate that and problem prevails. Does Trane mean replace the control board? I can't find a CNT1669 anywhere if this is the problem.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 05:17 AM
    It could be one of many controls in the unit.

Feb 13, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Any suggestions to find out which one?
    Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Use the wiring diagram and track them down with a meter.

Feb 13, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Thank you HVAC1000. I was thinking of a shot gun approach, but the CNT1669 main control board might be really expensive. So far I've not been able to find the board anywhere, or at least anywhere that'll sell it to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Control Board on Trane Unit [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Does anybody have any experience replacing the control board (CNT 03798) on a trane unit? I had an HVAC guy check out the unit, and he told me that was the part that needed replacing. I'd like to do it myself to save several $100.00 on the job, but I've never done it before. It...

Trane air handle variable speed motor xl1200 [ 3 Answers ]

The fan hasitates to star It tries to move and the after a minute it will run. I try to set the dip swithches for no delay after running but no imprument, The problem with this is that the coil inside gets frozen since no air is circulating, I caom with a temporary solution a delay circuit on...

Trane XE80 Control Board / Booster Fan Questions [ 4 Answers ]

The blower on my parents Trane XE80 gas furnace stopped working this weekend and a local HVAC company diagnosed the problem as a bad control board. The technician didn't have a board on his truck so he temporarily bypassed the control board and wired the fan to stay on 100% of the time until he...

Trane 803 thermostat with Dehumidity Control [ 2 Answers ]

One simple question. If the dehumidity level is set for 50%, shouldn't the humidity remain at that level. It moves up and down from 50% - 55%. I understood that was the purpose of this control. To control the humidity at a constant percentage. Have I misunderstood?

Trane XL 16i, humidity control [ 5 Answers ]

We recently purchased a Trane 16XLi with a variable speed air handler. According to their ads, the unit has the ability to remove up to 24 gals. Of moisture per day. With the temp. set at 75 degrees, the humidity is running at a minimum of 55% at night and 57%-61% during the day. I've read that...

View more questions Search