Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwdenny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Lights on Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Malfunctioning
    I have a 4 year old Hampton Bay 52" ceiling fan, model either 523 or 905 (manual written for both). The fan and light are operated from a hand-held remote control only (no controls on the fan itself). The fan still works fine on all 3 speeds, as well as the reverse function, but the lights will not turn on, off or dim. They are stuck in the on position, and the only way to turn them off is by unscrewing the bulbs a little. But this is difficult and inconvenient because there are 4 bulbs, and they are too hot to unscrew and turn off. In the manual, the brief troubleshooting section does not address this problem. There are dip switches on the fan and remote, but these must be OK or the fan wouldn't be working. I have also tried putting a fresh 9v battery in the remote. Any ideas on how to fix the lights so they can be turned on and off? Thanks!
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 11:32 AM
    This is somewhat of a longshot, but maybe flip the circuit breaker that feeds the fan.
    Like a computer, sometimes interrupting the power will reset things.

Good Luck!
    Wally H.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Most likely the receiver is shorted and will need to be replaced. If the previous suggestion doesn't work you will have to contact the manufacturer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton bay ceiling fan with lights [ 5 Answers ]

Model - Portland -52 inch I installed the ceiling fan and lights The fan works perfectly the lights do not come on Now what?

Hampton Bay fan lights [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay fan that we bought about a year ago. The fan works great but within the last few months we have had problems with the integrated lights. We turn on the lights and they are really dim. All three light bulbs come on when you turn on the light from the remote, but they are so...

Hampton Bay CF: fan works, lights don't [ 3 Answers ]

I hung a hampton bay ceiling fan (Huntington III), controlled by a simple single light switch, and the fan works well, but the lights do not work at all. I wired white to white, black to black, green and blue to outlet box ground. I am guessing that it's a manufacturer's defect, since it is getting...

Hampton Bay fan, lights stay on? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a Hampton Bay remote controlled fan with upper and lower lights The problem is the remote will not turn off or on the lower lights My dad found this out when he tried to turn off the light last night, it stayed on until I could unscrew the bulbs. I tried the battery its good and...

View more questions Search