Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dustin394 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Fired for no reason in Texas questions
    I recently worked at a restaurant in tx. I had a table of 30 people come in the company policy is to add gratuity of 15% to all tables over 8. I follewed policy which is to stamp and highlight on all tickets that great had been added I did this and the people tipped over the great. Well a couple days later they called back complaning about the great and I got fired my question is do I have any legal basis to stand on for being terminated for following policy
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2008, 10:13 AM
    If Texas is an at-will state, you can be terminated for ay reason whatsoever. Your argument will help you get unemployment, but not comepnsation for termination.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 10:17 AM
    You can go to the Equal Employment Oppurtunity Commission, and start a case, and get unemployment. But it doesn't take much in Texas, a right to work state, to get fired. You have a right to file a lawsuit, but it takes money, or civil court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions from Texas [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Texas and have credit card collector hounding me. Due to personal situation I wasn't able to make my minimum payment (paid what I could) for several months. Now it seems I owe as much on interest, late charges, etc. as I did the original amount about $15,000. Can't borrow, no...

Not fired, then fired, after boss was beat [ 6 Answers ]

I was called in the office and confronted about time differences on the time sheet. I had to wait for a customer to get home that morning, (30 min.). I called the office and informed them. So I added 15 extra minutes to my time. I was told that I couldn't do that. I asked was I being fired for it...

Fired Without Just Cause [ 10 Answers ]

I began my new job 4 weeks ago as a test center administrator. I administer exams ranging from education, to doctors exams. During my time there, my supervisor was acting very funny. She didn't take the flyer down for the job position that was there when I first applied. Her two daughters...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

Fired [ 8 Answers ]

I was fired by mail after being placed on suspension ( a disciplinary act that is not sanctioned by union contract) and after filing a harrassment complaint during a FMLA leave. I have no income now, therefore no money to pay a lawyer. Got any suggestions on any of the above.

View more questions Search