Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chief5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Difficulties in learning and recalling
    I'm in a collage year two know, but I find myself difficulties on reading, writing especially when I need to go fast. My speed appears to be so limited, for instance it require me to pay attention on writing the spelling of a very common word I lent even from preschool. I see this as the problem of recalling the spellings. Hence all that make me slow in writing. Even though English is not my first language but I learn it from primary school. Another difficulties I have is on typing, I'm very slow although I acsess the computer regularly,what can I do, to improveit. This situation makes me feel worthless that I'm not deserving to be a collage student,contrary to the fact that I'm bright,I know many things in my field but the problem is how to express them through those tools of speech. I feel helpless during examinations,stress,no confidance but I believe the source of all those is what I tried to explain above. What kind of learning disability is this and how can I treat it.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Sorry about your college troubles. College is hard, or certain parts of it are very challenging for most of us. I had to be led by the hand through inorganic chemistry because I could not remember how to do simple algebra and fractions. I got confused with each new equation.

Set aside some time and make yourself "a cheater," A small book of words you frequently see and forget how to spell or read them. Also, see if you can find a list of what are called sight words. These are taught to 6-year-olds in the US to help them learn to read quickly. These words, like so many English words are "funny." Thought, though, tongue, sough, slough, fight, flight, sight, among many others are words that are easiest to recognize and spell if they are memorized.

Put those words, and how to spell them, to simple tunes you can hum to yourself during exams. Sing or hum or make up silly verses while you type. You are not alone. Many decide they just aren't good enough at college and leave. Don't quit.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 06:18 AM
    I tried to help you find some free help online -- hope this helps

Free speed reading software downloads

Free Speed Reading Help Online - Google Search

Please rate my answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Difficulties [ 2 Answers ]

2000 Chevy Van 1500 5.7 liter replaced cap and router as it would not start in wet weather Has been running great for the past week went to start it today and it would not turn over. Battery checks out dash board lights and headlights working when key is turned to start position no starter...

Electrical difficulties [ 1 Answers ]

The power went out in my breezeway and my garage. I went to breaker box and flipped the switch but no power came back to those rooms. What can I do now to restore the power? Please help. Email me at [email protected] with electrical problem as the subject. Thank you

Recalling an email [ 3 Answers ]

How do I recall an unopened email in outlook express - need to do it immediately. Thanks. Bettye

Recalling Email [ 3 Answers ]

How do I recall an email using Outlook Express 6. I can find all sorts of info. On how to recall with Microsoft Outlook, but not outlook express. HELP

Divorce difficulties [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are going through a divorce and I have already signed the divorve papers and everything... well we have been sleeping together since those papers were signe, can I go and contest the divorce? Fr_chuck I am the only one that wants to do this he wouldn't want them withdrawn, I...

View more questions Search