Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Genghis Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Command Prompt(Media Disconnected)
    I have already set up my Administrator username and password, but each time I type ipconfig/release or anything else, it says "Media Disconnected". What must/can I do to fix this problem? Please help.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 06:53 AM
    What happens if you type ipconfig /renew ?

Wally H.
    Genghis Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyHelps
    What happens if you type ipconfig /renew ?

Wally H.

Well, since I am not at my Labtop, I think it either said "Media disconnected" or "Not enough or no elevation". This is tiring. I can do everything on my computer but not on this labtop.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Feb 12, 2008, 10:55 AM
    You will need to eliminate some of the possibilities that can cause this to happen. Take your laptop into the same room as the wireless router. This will eliminate distance and signal strength as the problem.

Remove all previous connections and profiles from your wireless networking setup.

Open your Network Connections that shows each of your adapters. Go to the menu and select Advanced and then select Advanced Settings. In the Adapter and Bindings tab, move your Wireless Network Connection to the top of the list in the connections window. Then select the Provider Order and move Microsoft Windows Network to the top of the list.

Now open your wireless networking wizard and establish a new wireless network profile and enter the WEP key and establish a new profile.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 11:23 AM
    I found this:
    Wireless Network Adapter Appears as Disconnected

I'm concerned about the ""Not enough or no elevation"" message, that does not sound like a Windows error message at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Media State. :media disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My computer won't connect to the internet it says that a newtwork cable is unplugged although the internet works perfectly well. I tried cmd config /renew and it says the same thing. Does anyone know why my computer won't connect to the internet?

Command prompt flashes: access denied [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I have a problem here When I start the computer the command prompt keeps flashing and doesn't stop! c://windows/system32/cmd.exe Inside the command prompt says :ACCESS DENIED It's really annoying and appears on top of every window. How do I fix this?

Problem loading command prompt. [ 3 Answers ]

I am running windows XP and I have a problem loading a command prompt to change my IP address. When I went to start and clicked run, I typed in cmd and the black prompt came up but then disappeared. Is there any other way to open a prompt and/or change my IP address?

Media State... Media Disconnected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have two different internet connections. One, my roommates and I pay for to run torrents, online games, etc. The other is my complex's internet connection which sucks at anything but is used when roommates are sleeping and they are using torrents. My roommate tends to download...

How to Copy the contents in command prompt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have given a command in command prompt (say ant) and then it will be executing the files. My question is how to copy that which is in command prompt to a file say notepad. While I am running autobuilder\ant, it will be showing all that in command prompt and the process takes hours. I want...

View more questions Search