Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finnigan fashion Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Twitching Muscles In Several Places
    A very annoying and worrysome problem. I have had a twitching lasting anywhere from a half min. to a min. and a half. This goes on forty or more times a day! It started in my eyes, now the muscles in my left arm, the calf of my right leg, my buttocks and even my shoulder and neck area. Also feels like I get heart palpatations the last few days (mostly at night) while sitting and not doing anything to bring it on. I am 64, lost weight recently noy on purpose, weigh about 115 lbs. and I am 5' 5".
    I have a Dr. Phisical coming up the end of the Mo.
    Thanks in advance. Sorry I went on so long but wanted to explain everything.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Twitching muscles can be caused by an imbalance of sodium/potassium. This may have been caused by you recent weight loss. Eat something like cheese with a few salty crackers. Then add potassium with tomato, kiwi, orange or the trusty banana. I'd go to see the doctor and have blood checked before the end of the month. Medications you are on may be influenced by dietary changes, this needs to be discussed with your physician right away
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Yeah I take potassium or eat a banana or baked potato at bedtime because I get the twitching and leg cramps when I am trying to fall asleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dogs head started like twitching back and forth 2 days ago and still does it. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is about 16months old and 2 days ago she was laying on the ground and her head would start shaking back and forth and then stop and then start. Could this be series I've taken her to the vet so many times already because she's had skin problems. Could she be getting to many vitamins or not...

Arm Muscles [ 5 Answers ]

This might sound stupid, but I need to strengthen my arm muscles.why?because I am tall and if I do make cheerleading I need them for spotting on stunts, plus for gymnastics. Any ways to strengthen besides lifting WEIGHTS and PUSHUPs would be great! :)

Muscle twitching [ 1 Answers ]

One and a half years back I got muscle twitches and then depression ,the Dr prescribed me nexito(escitalopram)10 mg and lonazep (clonazepam)0.25 . I took NEXITO 10mg once a day 7.7.05 to7.2.06 NEXITO 5 mg once a day 7.2.06 to7.6.06 NEXITO 2.5 mg once a day 7.6.06 to 21.6.06 then stopped. ...

Muscle twitching [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to stop muscle twitching,I have been having it fot the past one year

View more questions Search