Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geosafer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Trane Gas Pack Shuts Off Until Breaker Reset.
    All,

I have a Trane gas pack (AC and propane heat) that is approximately six years old. I awoke this morning to a cold house. Everything seemed okay on the thermostat, so I checked the house breaker. The house breaker had not tripped, but resetting the breaker enabled to the furnace to start and it ran normally throughout the day and part of the evening.

I noticed on the thermostat that the temperature was a degree lower than where the furnace should have come on and once again throwing the breaker off and back on enabled the furnace to start.

I looked at the chart on my home weather station and saw that the unit had been through about 14 cycles (about 15 hours) between failures - so it isn't happening very often (yet).

Could it possibly be something in the motor drawing too much current at the beginning of a cycle and throwing an internal breaker? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Clean flame sensor.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Sounds like it may be going into a lockout, resetting the breaker resets the lockout, one of the safety devices in the furnace is locking it out, could be flame sensor as posted, good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas pack, heat not working [ 1 Answers ]

The unit is blowing air but its cold,, just went out all of a sudden, its like the fan is running and air is coming out of the vents, but is cold air, what's wrong with my system?

GFI Circuit Breaker will not reset [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GFI Circuit Breaker connected to my outdoor wiring. After a very heavy storm the power to my holiday lights blew. I attempted to throw the GFI switch, but it will not reset. Do I need to replace it or am I doing something wrong. Also if it needs to be replaced, how difficult a job is it? ...

My circuit breaker won't reset [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All you electricians out there. A light bulb just blew in my living room. Normally I would just go down to the fuse box and reset the circuit breaker. Today the circuit breaker won't lift back into position. What does this mean... I would do almost anything not to have to pay for an...

Must reset furnace breaker to activate [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a ritetemp digital thermostat and appear to have 2 problems. 1) I’m not getting any ac to the thermostat, so it does not activate the furnace. I know I need to check the 24v transformer and common per the other threads. But, if I go to the circuit breaker panel and reset the furnace (80...

View more questions Search