Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SA0328 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:27 PM
    My NEW mail & Mail To Be Sent are not showing up on AOL 9.0, how do I fix this?
    How do I get my NEW mail and Mail To Be Sent to show up on AOL? I use the AOL 9.1 software, Windows 2000.
    As you may or may not know, AOL allows several screen names, mail shows up on all other screen names, the problem is with only one screen name. When I am on another screen name and try to switch screen names, I get an AOL error message... "The filing cabinet is currently in use and cannot be opened. Please wait and try this action again." Of course I waited... nothing! When I click on Read Mail at the top tool bar, which tells me I have 997 NEW emails under this particular screen name, setting is set to show mail by EVERYONE... the mail box appears, but mail is invisible? Will not open?. I can open OLD mail, SENT mail though... even compose and send mail. I have tried clicking RESTORE on the AOL software tab... still does not work. I have tried redownloading the AOL software, restarting my computer... same problem. Anyone else having this same problem!! VERY FRUSTRATED!! Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :) Thank You!
    DanceRVC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:35 PM
    I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it? Robin
    SA0328 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DanceRVC View Post
    I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it? Robin
    AOL said my AOL software had been corrupted/damaged and that I would need to reload the AOL software... so I re downloaded AOL... this fixed the problem.
    It is my belief that AOL's webmasters are constantly trying to improve AOL's features and service... due to this, their website has problems off and on... personally, this gets VERY irritating, so much so that I am rethinking continuing with their service.
    Hope you are able to get your problems fixed... I know how totally frustrating it is.

Have a "good" day!
    Linda

Nov 4, 2008, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the response. Robin
    ljcincy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SA0328 View Post
    How do I get my NEW mail and Mail To Be Sent to show up on AOL? I use the AOL 9.1 software, Windows 2000.
    As you may or may not know, AOL allows several screen names, mail shows up on all other screen names, the problem is with only one screen name. When I am on another screen name and try to switch screen names, I get an AOL error message..... "The filing cabinet is currently in use and cannot be opened. Please wait and try this action again." Of course I waited...... nothing! When I click on Read Mail at the top tool bar, which tells me I have 997 NEW emails under this particular screen name, setting is set to show mail by EVERYONE....the mail box appears, but mail is invisible? will not open?..... I can open OLD mail, SENT mail though...even compose and send mail. I have tried clicking RESTORE on the AOL software tab..... still does not work. I have tried redownloading the AOL software, restarting my computer.....same problem. Anyone else having this same problem!?!?!? VERY FRUSTRATED!!!! Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :) Thank You!
    Did uget this figurede out I need help now

Jan 9, 2009, 12:17 PM

Unfortunately, I could not fix it. Fortunately, it was a Screen Name that I rarely used so I just deleted the Screen Name & created a new one. I'm sure this is not what you want to do, but I am sorry, I don't have anything more that would help. Good Luck. Let me know if you can solve your issue. I would be interested. Robin
    GHorn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 09:12 PM
    I am having this very same problem. I was running AOL 9.0 when the problem started. I upgraded to 9.1 but still have the same problem. I've been using this addy for about 19 years. This is very frustrating!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

AOL connectivity &aol one-click fix [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to re- install "aol connectivity& aol one-click fix"?

Trouble with AOL Mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble forwarding e-mails from FREE AOL MAIL. I do not have AOL internet service so AOL will not offer technical support. This is the problem I am having. I receive an e-mail with an attachment which I want to forward. After hitting "forward", I go to my contact list and pick the...

2 Outlook Express mail errors. How do I fix it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just tried switching from MSN premium mail to Outlook Express. When it asked about POP3 etc, I guessed wrongly, apparantly. Now, I have an Outlook Express mail, but it does not send or accept mail and the address book does not work? I get this and don't know what to do to correct my...

AOL e mail attachments [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible for AOL members to send e mail forwards in the main body and not as attachments? I;m afraid to open any attachment for fear of a virus, even if I know the sender.

AOL and Yahoo to charge for e-mail service [ 6 Answers ]

Interesting to note,that to try and stop spammers,AOL,and Yahoo,are going to charge a very tiny fee (1 cent),to deliver email that does not go through spam filters: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4684942.stm Am I missing something here? Both companies say that delivered email...

View more questions Search