Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MHUE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Epson Stylus Photo 825 won't work with Vista
    I can't get my Epson Stylus Photo 825 Printer to work with my Gateway Laptop computer that is running Vista. I have uninstalled the printer and re-installed the software and no go. It was working when I first installed the printer software, but then started showing errors that the cable was not connected. I have searched and found help that says the drive is on the software, but it is not. I would be so grateful if anyone can help me with this problem. I really like my Epson printer and I don't want to have to buy a new one.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:59 PM
    You shouldn't have to install drivers that came with the printer, Vista already has drivers that will work with printer

Drivers are included with Windows Vista. Just connect your Epson product to your computer and follow the on-screen instructions that Windows Vista displays to guide you through driver installation.
    Go to printer folder and uninstall all printers, then go to add new hardware
    And let vista install drivers without the install disc that came with printer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VISTA and Epson Printer [ 3 Answers ]

I got a new Gateway computer in July 2007, a good one with lots of memory and all the bells and whistles. I already owned a relatively new Epson printer. I connected it and all was well. Then, all of a sudden, it started irradically not working. The First time was right after we had a storm...

Cannot get epsom stylus cx7800 to print email [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot get my printer to print emails. It will however print attachments if they are a word document. This means any email that is important I put into a file,thus taking space , any suggestions?

Sound doesn't work just installed xp from vista PC [ 1 Answers ]

I installed xp from a vista computer I bought and I can't get the sound to work:mad:

Epson Stylus C65... [ 5 Answers ]

First I want to know if epson printers for example Stylus C65 has a program expiration?. Because months ago after I purchased this product when I print something a message appear saying that a part of my printer near to its end. See documentation... I called a technician and fixed the...

Epson photo 700 printer [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought an Epson photo 700 printer. It has got the problem that it sometimes prints just a few lines of a document, then pushes the paper through and keeps pushing paper until all of it is gone. It does seem to be a software problem. I have tried all drivers I could find on the web, but...

View more questions Search