Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lo-retta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Daughters 9 yr old hosp. bill showing up on my credit
    Hi,

My daughter moved out of my house when she turned 18 and had her first child at age 19 in 1999. I got a call from a collection agency regarding medical bills totalling $400. I asked what it was for and knew that one was mine $51 worth that I immediately paid. I explained to the woman that I did not know what the other $348 was. She told me that it was for a hospital visit for my daughter from 1999. That's 9 years ago. I live in New Mexico. I would like to know how the collections agency stuck that bill onto my name since my daughter hadn't lived with me for a year. Also, she was on medicaid at the time so they took care of the bill for my Grandson's birth.
    Do I have to pay this 9 year old bill? Does my daughter even have to pay this 9 yr. old bill? Is this going against my credit?
    Thanks for your advise.

Loretta:)
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Technically you don't have to pay it, because technically you don't have to pay for anything. But if you don't pay, it goes against your credit. I would say make your daughter pay for it, since it was her expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court papers served on a paid credit card bill [ 1 Answers ]

How do I respond back to the superior court on a summons that I have paid the bill in full. I have a letter written by the collection agent that states that I have paid this amount in full. What court papers do I need to fill out because they have requested "a written response in proper legal...

Can they garnish my husbands paycheck for an old credit card bill, in Ga. [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I signed up for the "Consumer Credit Consolidation" a few years ago to get out of debt. One credit card company, after one month, dropped me from the plan because of late payment. Reason being that the money order purchased to send to CCCS turned up missing or stolen, I never found...

Credit card bill. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me regardant a credit card for $6,916.14. I have no money to pay this bill. What can do? Thank you:confused:

First and Second mortgage and large credit card bill [ 2 Answers ]

My Grandmother has a first and second mortgage. She has become very fragile and unable to do her bills so I have taken that responsibility over for her. However she is more than maxed out. She lives on Social Security and every dime that comes in needs to go to pay bills, this does not include...

View more questions Search