Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crazychick24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Belly Piercing Trouble!
    HI! I got my belly peirced a while ago. Then my body rejected it!! awful. It healed pretty fast but it left a scar:mad: . i think. So my question is will the scar go away? How long do i have to wait to have another peircing? What is the difference between titanium and surgical steel? :confused: Does one cause rejecting of the body while the other doesn't?:eek: :eek:
    Thanks!!:confused:
    xglamorousx Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 02:57 PM
    I had my belly button pierced when I was younger, it was too thin, never healed correctly and I could still put an earring through the scar tissue.. don't do it again. Surgical steel is better.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Rejection occurs when your body sees the piercing as a foreign object. It does not want it there, so it gets rid of it.

It is best to wait 3-4 months after rejection to get it redone, but I strongly suggest to let that piercing go and do not get it redone. If your body rejected it once, it is a highly good chance that it will reject it again. If it didn't want it there the first time, it will more than likely not want it there the second time and will get rid of it.

It doesn't matter if you get it done with a different jewelry, in a different spot on your navel, etc. It will still see it as a foreign object. I know it's a hassle and a waste of money when a piercing rejects, but at least you know your body is working correctly, right? :)

As far as the scarring, it will not completely go away, but the dark colors will fade out of it over time. You can get scar reducing products, such as Mederma or Prefer On, but once again, these things will not make the scar completely go away.

Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a studiop that will pierce my belly if I live in Leeds,England

Self belly piercing. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I really want my navel pierced but my mum being my mum she said no I've got everything you would need to get it done lying about my room and I no how to serilise it etc My questions are, Should you go from top to bottom or bottom to top? How much forse should you apply on the needle to...

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced in early Nov and now it has a bump at the top and bottom and they look red. It was bleeding last Friday when I woke up and it also feels like there is a hard lump in it. I went to the tattoo shop last night and they said it didn't look infected but it hurts really bad. Is it...

Belly piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced about 6yrs ago and have never had any problems with it but all of a sudden it has started to feel irritated and looks a bit red. I took it out for a few days gave everything a good clean but have just tried to put it back in and it has instantly got irritated and red...

Belly Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I just want to ask if the belly piercing causes cancer, because many people told me that it does since the belly is connected to our stomach and intestine! Thanks

View more questions Search