Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoobyshar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Dog Crying after grooming
    Hi there,
    2 days ago I had my cocker spaniel groomed professionally for the first time. Usually my husband has done her grooming. Since she has been groomed she acts as if she has a piece of poo stuck on her butt, she does not want to walk and when she does walk she walks as if trying to hide her butt:confused: . When we go to another floor or room in the house she just sits and cries, she will not follow us like she normally does.
    Is she just feeling weird about the grooming? Or should I be more concerned?:eek:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2006, 07:15 AM
    That is not normal. I would start by taking the dog to a vet. I am not sure the problem is that serious, but even if it isn't, it would document the problem. It is possible the groomer included emptying the anal glands and did so incorrectly. If the groomer is causing problems, somebody needs to complain.
    shoobyshar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Thanks Labman! Will get her looked at.
    dooorcounty Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2007, 07:11 AM
    My fiirst though after reading your post was also: anal gland... sounds like maybe the groomer included that service with the grooming...
    Perhaps the dog was injured or is left with discomfort from that. If she's still acting strange and wanting to sit or drag her bottom I'd suggest a vet check.
    Certainly she's not "thinking" about the experience of grooming.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Ummm, doorcounty, not trying to be rude here, but just pointing out that this post is well over a year and a half old. You need to check the dates prior to posting. If it is an old post, usually the person's problem has been resolved and/or they won't see your response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Babies crying [ 23 Answers ]

Well now that we're all back home and *somewhat* back to a normal routine, I'm starting to think again about the baby I will be having. I'm due in mid-June, right around Father's Day actually, haha. Anyway, I've been starting to ask (and receive) a lot of baby advice from family and friends. Most...

Grooming question about our 8 week old Lhasa Apso / Shih Tzu [ 1 Answers ]

I have a grooming questions about our 8 week old Lhasa Apso / Shih Tzu? He is pretty fuzzy. How often in general should he be groomed? Also, I heard from several people about how his rear end should be groomed. Some people said to make sure that he doesn't have a lot of hair around his butt,...

Crying Heart That No One Can See [ 13 Answers ]

Please EVERYONE Please HELP ME I Love a Girl and she used 2 like me 2, but then I don't know but suddenly everything is changing, I'm not sure mayb its my thoughts but what I need help is.. How can I impress her How can I create a place in her heart How can I show her that I love her a lot...

Pubic grooming, what do women think? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm curious to know what heterosexual women think about male grooming. I'm about to go on holiday, and my x and I separated a year ago. I haven't slept with any one for 18 months now, partly because I didn't need the hassle. Now I'm ready to have some fun, but have heard a lot on TV lately with...

Grooming Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I'm asking a lot of questions recently but I'm 37 years old and this is my first dog and the first time in my life where I now have the free time to be able to devote enough time to raising one. My 3 month old Rough Collie is perfect in every way.. so far I haven't had any problems...

View more questions Search