Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Oh yea... fried scorpion...

It was mostly peer pressure that created the necessity to eat that nasty bug, but at least I can say I ate it! The thing felt all tingly going down... RAH...

Yuck.

I have to go wash my mouth out again... blah...
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick

I lived in China for two years and let me tell you, wow...

Fried Scorpions and Starfish were absolutely, positively disgusting... but... I'm going to have to go with Silk Worm as the worst possible food ever!

(Yes, they are amazingly good for you - iron, etc. - but SO not worth it!! ICK!)
    HC I have to add to your China experience. I was in Hong Kong a few years ago and was taken out to a restaurant where I was given what is described as a delicacy and was very expensive , it was an Egg which was basically buried and allowed to ROT over a certain amount of years , on the plate it was basically BLACK , I got to tell you I didn't want to be rude so had to eat it , took about half an hour :-) YUCK!!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Hubby and I stopped at a grocery store late one night (I think we wanted ice cream or something) and every BUT us was buying buckets of pickled pig's feet. Yuck!

So my vote goes to pickled pigs feet. Or tripe. Or ostrich.

There are other foods that are horribly disgusting and just shouldn't exist, but they aren't in my local grocery store. Watch Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern for prime examples.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    HC I have to add to your China experience. I was in Hong Kong a few years ago and was taken out to a restaurant where I was given what is described as a delicacy and was very expensive , it was an Egg which was basically buried and allowed to ROT over a certain amount of years , on the plate it was basically BLACK , I gotta tell you I didn't want to be rude so had to eat it , took about half an hour :-) YUCK!!!!!
    Oh yeah... I've had that. Nasty, disgusting thing, isn't it! Blah.
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2008, 01:51 AM
    A rotten Egg!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 02:08 AM
    I shall pour out the wrath of SPAMAGEDDON upon your wicked soul and smite you with evil spirits worse than those in the SPAMITYVILLE horror!

For my meat dollar, it's SPAM! Cold or hot, Spam hits the spot! It's SPAMTASTIC!
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Feb 16, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Hahahahaha... I knew we would hear from you mags, lol. I will hold my nose.. pass the spam :)

Feb 20, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Hahahah, Spam..
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 21, 2008, 03:20 AM
    Sprouts are the worst thing ever as is spam got o agree on that one

Feb 24, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Bleuach Sprouts..

SPAM

Err..
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Feb 25, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Cottage cheese... soft cheese spread!
    Lordy, think I'm going to puke!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Wife was out of the states on biz and was served fried ants. Now, apparently guacamole was served as the condiment, and she hates guac... but in that dish, she thought it was a wonderful accompaniment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 07:15 PM
    I did not see anybody list one of the worst, chittlings
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 07:39 PM
    I have been lied to my whole life. :(. Mom tried to pawn this... this... this... ugh whatever it is as food. Lima something or other... oh just horrible... I dropped it on the floor for the dog... and he threw it back... don't blame him. Horrible and very tramatizing. Mom was the type, you could not leave the table to your plate was clean, yeah uh huh.

I really think she was getting me back for being 10' 1 at birth and all the hours of labor.
    Horrid creatures these lima things.

Name:  bstn37l.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  21.4 KB
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Ha ha funny AH , I used to be the same as a kid with Sprouts , YUCK , so I used to do the same as you and drop them on the floor for the dog , however my Father was too clever for that.
    He'd say "Michael , seeing as you ate those sprouts so quick you must really like them , here's a double serve and from now on I will cook some extra's for you" DOH!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Lentils are terrible, the smell alone makes me want to blow chunks.
    Escargo is on the top of my list too, I tried them once, it took half an hour to get one of those slimy buggers down my throat. Never again.
    My parents used to eat Pork Hocks. Did they have any idea were those things could have been?
    Well, I guess I'll pass on dinner tonight, for some reason I've lost my appetite.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Ugh, the lima beans things just reminded me of brussels sprouts! Ick!

I also despise two foods my brother loves - canned sardines and vienna sausages... blecky blecky blecky!
    FallenFromGrace Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 27, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Well, they sell canned pork brains in milk in the grocery store. I haven't tried it.. I also can't find a recipe to call for it.. Anyone want to test it?
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Feb 28, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Oh my gosh... pass all the country foods to me!
    I am cooking lima's with pork hocks tonight, lolololol! And chitlins... just don't let me smell them cooking and I will tear them up all day, yummmmmm. I guess I am one of the weird ones... I like lentil soup to.

Now, the sprouts, I'll pass on. And, I am not so sure about the brains, ugh... maybe if I didn't know what they are, I would eat them. Same goes for the ants, heehee.

Feb 29, 2008, 01:48 AM
    Ahh, very productive post :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good foods bad foods [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows what foods I should avoid if trying to get pregnane and if there are any foods I should eat more of? Also I am know taking prenatal vitimins after dinner on a full stomach is thar right? Be grateful for your advice X

Dog Foods [ 13 Answers ]

Ok with all this recal on dog food what's a good brand like puruna? And also cheap too:p :confused: :D :eek:

What foods? [ 10 Answers ]

Okay, so I just got these spacers in my mouth, because I am getting braces. The orthodonist said that they will hurt, and to eat softer foods. They are hurting really bad, and I can't eat anything cruchy or hard... any ideas of what I can eat?? :) :) :) Thanks

View more questions Search