Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Can probation change their sentencing recommendation
    My boyfriend violated his probation recently and entered a rehab he got pulled from the program to be taken into custody while he was in rehab his probation officer thought he was off and running in that time she made a recommendation to the court that his suspended sentence be fully imposed he has proof that he was in a program and doing well so my question is this can his officer change her recommendation now that there are more facts involved and if she can is there a time frame in which she can do this PLEASE HELP this could make or break his case
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 08:39 PM
    While they can, don't except them to, remember this is merely what they recommend, there will be a court hearing, and the judge will decide, Your boyfriend should have an attorney to represent him in the hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jail sentencing [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced today for 10 days for a bench warrant from a previous dui that he never took care of. He was arrested wed 9-5-07. My question is do you think he will serve the whole 10 days or be released earlier I keep getting the run around from the jail that he is in.

State sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend just received a 1 to 3 year state sentence. Previous to this he was in the county jail for 2 months due to a house arrest violation. How much time will he actually have to serve? Will he receive any time served? Thank you for your help

Change of address denied by Probation officer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! My name is Sylvia,I have a niece (Vanessa) who was just released from Prison 2 weeks ago,she was supposed to go and live with one of her sisters,but her P.O. denied the change of address the 1st day she went 2 see her. Her reason was she did not like our ATTITUDES! Well let me...

Jail sentencing [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a court date on Valentine's Day. He's going because of vandalism, avoiding a cop, and for fighting with other guys... a lot... He told me that he could be going to jail for a year or paying a $2,000 fine. That seems kind of extreme. Is he right?

View more questions Search