Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Qualifying for Grants
    Could someone tell me the website, where you can find out what grants I qualify for.

Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 06:31 PM
    There are no magic grants that just hand money to people

There is assistance for heat and electric if you meet income
    There are grants for college

In some states and/or cities there are grants to help with buying a home

Most grants go to companies or groups that are doing programs, non profis can put in for money to help homeless or food kitches and so on.
    There are grants for cities or police departments for equpment

Most grants will require a very complete grant application, there are people who do nothing but write grants for people and companies. You pay them even if you don't get a grant, since the majority of applications don't get approved.

▶ Free Government Grants

Grants.gov
    GrantGopher Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhouse30
    Could someone tell me the website, where you can find out what grants I qualify for.

Thanks in advance.
    Beware of the websites that ask for your e-mail and claiming to tell you what grants you are available for. This is a scam to get your e-mail address and flood you with a bunch of silly offers. I filled one out, just to test it, and within minutes, started receiving e-mails. The e-mails total almost 100/day and it's an absolute joke. Requesting to be removed from their mailing list doesn't work either.

There are grants for individuals, the best way to find them is to go to your city website and track down the departments of interest to you: usually human services and housing. If they are accepting grant applications, the information is usually posted on the website. You can also call the contact people listed for those departments and ask for help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Qualifying for a dependent [ 4 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for over 6 years... this year I worked all year but made 7800.00 would I be able to be a dependent under him? Or what qualifies in order to become a dependent?

Qualifying for Grants [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me the website, where you can find out what grants I qualify for (hopefully for starting a business. Thanks in advance.

Qualifying child [ 2 Answers ]

Can an individual who is the qualifying child of a tax payer be a qualfying relative of another tax payer?

View more questions Search