Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Credit Score
    Having an authorize user on your credit card, does it effect your credit score?

Thanks in advance.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Yes. Anything having your name on it will affect your credit score.
    Fastfun1 Posts: 80, Reputation: 11

Feb 11, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    Yes. Anything having your name on it will affect your credit score.
    Umm... no, you can have as many authorized users on your accounts as you please. As long as your payments are timely, there will be no negative impact to your credit. Since I have been in a position that involves the routine analysis of consumer's credit for nearly five years, take that as a fact. :cool:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 06:28 PM
    If the authorised user charges the card to the max and / or if they don't pay the bill, you have to. But just havng them on the card does not hurt anything.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Authorized user - charges have no effect

YOU AS OWNER OF ACCOUNT - no negative effect if account paid on time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Credit score [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I have a car, which is financed by Chase auto finance. Well I signed up for paymatics. This will deduct money from my checking account every month. I don't know what happened with this "paymatics" that deducted my money, and then it reversed it back to my bank. I had sufficient funds in my...

My brother's credit debt harming my credit score! [ 2 Answers ]

Just some background information- my brother has many, many debts. (he is a lawyer that just never succeeded and has no real work ethic) So he uses my father's credit cards, pays the minimum amount every month, and he basically lives off my father's credit cards for all of his expenses. My brother...

Credit score [ 1 Answers ]

How badly does a voluntary repo affect your credit?

Credit Score... [ 4 Answers ]

Someone might have asked this question, but there are so many posts that I couldn't go through them all. My question is: How many points does one's credit score go down, after, let's say a bank or a car dealer check the credit to see if you qualify? :confused: Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search