Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Valluna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 10:15 PM
    Security Number
    Hello! My name is Valentina (similar with Snt.Valentine's Day!):p
    I came from Russia by K-1 visa to Minnesota. I've already understood that law s are a little bit different in each state:confused: By my visa I had 90 days to marry to american citizen. We already married on November. Now we are filing an I-485 Adjustment of Status ("green card"), an I-765 Employment Authorization and an I-131 Advance Parole/Travel applications.
    My husband said that I don't need Social security number until I'll get permission for work, is he right? I concern that I don't know how much time I need wait for all the documents be ready.
    Then I don't want to lose time doing nothing. My huzband travells a lot and I want to be socialized, not just to sit at home. Can you help me how to organize everything in better order?
    Thanks. :eek:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Valluna
    My husband said that I don't need Social security number untill I'll get permission for work, is he right?
    Yes he is right. You only need a SSN if you wish to work in America. Although some jobs are cash jobs, under the table. Which in those cases, you don't need a SSN.
    Valluna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Ok, thank you very much. What about other documents which I mentioned. How much time it usually take? Because we are planning to visit Russia on May. Also I'm tired to be in house, I want to work, to sicialized with people...
    Thank you!
    Valentina
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
    I don't know how long the documents take. Perhaps another member knows the answer to that question.

But to your second question, if you are tired in the house and want to socialize, no one says you have to get a job. Perhaps you can volunteer for something in your area.
    flashbakx Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2006, 04:01 PM
    All info can be found here;

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get CAF number for POA? [ 10 Answers ]

I had filed 2 tax returns for my friends. They received their Refund check. How can I get CAF number for form 2848? When I filed the returns I entered NONE in the space. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you

The number 18 in Hebrew ? [ 6 Answers ]

I remember this lady once wearing a pendant on a chain around her neck. Someone asked her something about it and she said it was the # 18 in Hebrew... and that the # 18 meant... life. I never did get the full story, so I'm wondering now what does that mean. Is...

Number sequence [ 2 Answers ]

What are the next three rows in the sequence: 1 11 21 1211 111221 312211 13112221

Part Number [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a replacement for a Bryant CK3BXA048 "N" Coil. I haven't been able to find a matching number. It is a 4 ton horizontal coil. Can you make any suggestions?

AOL 800 number [ 2 Answers ]

? I need a 800 number so I can call American Online - I can't seem to find one - Has anyone have it ?

View more questions Search