Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LUCYCURTIN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Silent cartoon - girl at night with dog
    Hi I remember watching an odd silent (I think) cartoon where a girl is woken up at night with her dog and is taken on a journey through the night. She goes to an island where she looks into a building with loud people (posh women laughing?) moving in silhouette. I know it's a long shot but does anyone out there recognise this odd animation? Have thought of it often. X
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Feb 10, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCYCURTIN
    Hi I remember watching an odd silent (i think) cartoon where a girl is woken up at night with her dog and is taken on a journey through the night. She goes to an island where she looks into a building with loud people (posh women laughing?) moving in silhouette. I know it's a long shot but does anyone out there recognise this odd animation? Have thought of it often. x
    Could be and old Disney series of short silent cartoons called "Alice."

The most enchanting and unusual films here are from Disney's silent "Alice" series, in which a real little girl steps into a cartoon world. In the first, "Alice's Wonderland" (1923), the girl visits Walt Disney in his studio. That night, she dreams herself into an animated world, where she rides a cartoon elephant in a circus parade of ostriches, donkeys and top-hatted dogs.

One of the best Alice shorts is included in the opening program, a collection called "Scary Tales and Adventures." In "Alice's Spooky Adventure" (1924), the heroine wanders into a haunted house, where ghosts and black cats sing and dance. Whenever there is singing in the silents, musical notes fly through the air. And the animated dancing is quite impressive for its time. Though nothing ever moves in the background of these early works, the animation is advanced enough for a friendly cat to kiss Alice's hand.

Critic's Choice/Animation; Cartoon Creations With Silent Sentiments - New York Times

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do about my dog crying at night? [ 4 Answers ]

My dog Nicky is almost 4 years old. I made the mistake of babying him since he was 8 weeks old. I have been working with being more stern with him recently and he is responding semi-well. My biggest problem that I have now is that Nicky crys at night when I put him to bed. He sleeps in a...

Old movie(cartoon) girl reincarnates [ 1 Answers ]

There is this old movie I saw when I was younger and all I remember is a guy and a girl met or something but she was a spirit and she was about to reincarnate. It also had red beard with this robot machine. The girl finally reincarnates but she doesn't remember the man. Please can you give me the...

Cartoon about girl and boy on island with pet dolphin? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the title of a c artoon from the 80s or 70s maybe earleier. I have only vague memories, but I know there was a little girl with red-hair and she didn't wear a shirt, m and her brother lived there also, and a father figure of some sort. They fished in the ocean and there was a...

My dog is peeing at night [ 2 Answers ]

I have just recently rescued a dog from the pound and she is a wonderful girl. I just have a tiny problem. M-F I have a different schedule than on weekends and she seems to pee in the middle of the night on my days off but not the weekdays. I always take her out before bed and when I get up. When...

My dog keeps me up all night [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 year old maltese has been keeping me up for 2 years now, but lately it has been worse... the vet has tried everything including pr ozac, but my dog wants to go out every 2 hours... now he is on a sedative and b enedryl, but nothing is working... I want to keep him, but cannot function like...

View more questions Search