Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toxicshockk Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Im still not for sure yet but I'm in need of opinions.
    Its been about 10 days now and I still have no signs of my period, Im still getting cramps and there getting more severe... but no bleeding. The bloating is kicking in latly as well and I'm beginning to get dizzie spells and slight nausea , I still haven't tested to see yet because of $$ issues,so I'm working on that... so in the mean time I'm looking for other opinions... let me know. Please.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 10:13 AM
    How late are you? What part of your cycle were you at when you had intercourse? These need to be considered in determining the likelihood of whether you are pregnant. But the only sure way to know is to be tested. Home testing kits are relatively inexpensive and fairly accurate.

Feb 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxicshockk
    Its been about 10 days now and i still have no signs of my period, Im still getting cramps and there getting more severe...but no bleeding. The bloating is kicking in latly aswell and im begining to get dizzie spells and slight nausea , i still havent tested to see yet because of $$ issues,so im working on that ...so in the mean time im looking for other opinions...let me know. please.
    Well, see I had sex roughly two days after I had gotten off my period... im 10 days late as of today.. if you would like to read my other question its all in there...
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Its been about 10 days now and i still have no signs of my period, Im still getting cramps and there getting more severe...but no bleeding. The bloating is kicking in latly aswell and im begining to get dizzie spells and slight nausea , i still havent tested to see yet because of $$ issues,so im working on that ...so in the mean time im looking for other opinions...let me know. please.
    Sweetie, why do our opinions matter? Even a doctor wouldn't attempt a diagnosis by email.

Go to the store TODAY and buy a pregnancy test. It's less than $10, even less than $5 sometimes.

If you don't have $10, BORROW IT TODAY from a friend who you've told why you need it. Borrow it from the guy.

If you're old enough to have sex, you're old enough to deal with simple steps like taking a pregnancy test. As you can see now after 10 days, NOT KNOWING IS NOT HELPING YOU AT ALL.

Sorry for yelling, but there's things to be done here if you're pregnant and all you appear to be doing is sitting on the computer worrying. How pointless is THAT? Go find out, tell us what the answer is, and THEN the real help can begin.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Go to your local dollar store, and get a dollar test. They are pretty accurate(though I find you have to wait a bit longer for the test results to be clear. Never check your results AFTER ten minutes however, as the results can not be viewed as accurate after that amount of time. Just wait about 5-7 minutes). Take that test, if its negative, wait for your next period. If it doesn't come, take another test. (make sure you start taking prenatals. If you are pregnant, you will have been prepared, and if you aren't, no harm done.) if that test is negative, you need to get in to the doctor asap.

Feb 12, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    Go to your local dollar store, and get a dollar test. they are pretty accurate(though I find you have to wait a bit longer for the test results to be clear. never check your results AFTER ten minutes however, as the results can not be viewed as accurate after that amount of time. just wait about 5-7 minutes). take that test, if its negative, wait for your next period. if it doesnt come, take another test. (make sure you start taking prenatals. if you are pregnant, you will have been prepared, and if you aren't, no harm done.) if that test is negative, you need to get in to the doctor asap.
    Okay. So, I'm going down to do all that here Thursday... where would I be able to get my hands on the prenatal vitimins... anywhere. Like walgreens, wal-mart meijers?
    I think I'm going to get a few just to be sure... I want to be as accurate as possible.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 10:51 AM
    I actually just get my prenatals from walmart. I get the " one source" prenatals, in a pink labeled bottle. They seem to not make me nauseous and my previous doctor told me that they are just as good as the presciptions.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 12, 2008, 11:28 AM
    I have been on wal-mart prenatal vitamins throughout my whole pregnancy. I really like them and my doctor said they are just as good as anything else you would pay high dollar for.
    Why wait until Thursday to buy a test. Run down the road and get one now so you can stop pacing around the floor wondering what the results might be. Best of luck!

Feb 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
    I actually just get my prenatals from walmart. I get the " one source" prenatals, in a pink labeled bottle. they seem to not make me nauseous and my previous doctor told me that they are just as good as the presciptions.

How much do they cost ?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
    I would take the pregnancy test before I run out and buy the vitamins, I mean if money is an issue. You could be worried all for nothing. I would get the test now and see what it says. If it is negative, see if you miss your next period. If so, I would get to a doctor.

Anytime you have unprotected sex, there is always the chance of becoming pregnant. It even happens when you're on birth control meds sometimes. If you find out you aren't pregnant and you don't want to become pregnant, then I would make a doctor's appointment and talk about different birth control methods, so you can find what works for you. If you don't have health insurance, see if there are free clinics or clinics that operate on a sliding scale based on your income.

Good luck & hope all works out & you get the results you are hoping for.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
    I think that they are around $10 for a medium bottle, $15 for a big one.

Feb 13, 2008, 03:28 PM
    I think that they are around $10 for a medium bottle, $15 for a big one.
    Okay cool.

But now I have another issue, today I had really bad almost unbarable cramping.. and then all I had was some brown ish stuff when I whiped it out... then when I got home later on... it was that still and then one tiny bit of light reddish blood...

What's up with that do you think?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 08:16 PM
    It sounds to me like you might be gearing up to start your period. However, until you get the full blown period, or an answer on a pregnancy test, you won't know. Keep us updated.

Feb 14, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Okay so I woke up this morning and I had a light period so dose that mean that I'm in the clear or should I still do a test to be sure?((depending on how long my period is?))
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Typically if you are bleeding, it means you are in the clear. However, it has been known for some women to have early pregnancy bleeding, and mistake it for a period. This doesn't happen often, but it does happen. If you are concerned that its not a true period, you can test. To me it sounds like your period. But I don't know your body either haha, so if you feel other wise, follow your instincts. You know yourself better then anyone else.

Feb 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
    typically if you are bleeding, it means you are in the clear. however, it has been known for some women to have early pregnancy bleeding, and mistake it for a period. This doesnt happen often, but it does happen. If you are concerned that its not a true period, you can test. to me it sounds like your period. but i dont know your body either haha, so if you feel other wise, follow your instincts. you know yourself better then anyone else.
    Okay! So just to be safe I think I'm still going to take a test tomorrow... I just want to make sure that I'm 100% positive I'm not.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Good thinking. Good luck. Keep us updated
    Mexicanlover89 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
    I went to the health department when I thought I was pregnant and no money. So if you have a health department or a dollar tree close by or around town go there. The tests at dollar tree are the same they use at the health department and if you are you need to beable to provide for the baby. But tests are very cheep I found out at two weeks so it really doesn't matter about what the box says but people differ in opin. But you can get money from friends or someone can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need as many opinions as possible! [ 7 Answers ]

I had posted a message on this site before because me & my boyfriend had fooled around & I thought there was a great possibility that I was pregnant (you may want to go back and read the whole story). I waited for about 2 weeks after my missed period and pregnancy symptoms started, and then finally...

Needs some opinions [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all I was just looking for different advice chats and found this website and I have a few issue I can use some advice on. I have been dating my girfriend now for almost 3 years. We fight like any other couple nothing to serious. Problem is that I pretty much build a life around her wondering...

Need some of your opinions! [ 2 Answers ]

So I have been seeing this girl... It started inocent enough and moved quickly to sexual. We were very cuddly and the sexual part was fantastic. She did tell me right from the start that she had just gotten out of a messy relationship with a guy that she moved across the country to be with. Now...

Any opinions ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I was kind of with this girl in the summber but we both went on vacation like she went on a week or seomthing. Day she came back I left for mine for 2 weeks than when I came back she left again.. so we started fighting and things changed. Didn't talk to her for awhile saw her around and saw...

Need opinions [ 2 Answers ]

My nephew has an outstanding warrant for drug use. He did not appear in court. His dad signed a 5000.00 surety bond and he did not appear. Since the first incident my sisters home has been raided once again. They did not find my nephew there. They did arrest his dad (my brotherinlaw) for stolen...

View more questions Search