Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazzie Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Missing .dll files
    I have a man's computer that accessed the internet day before yesterday and could not today. I keep getting a message " Internet connection wizard help files missing" whenever I try to create a new connection. I think the missing or corrupt files are Icwhelp.dll and Tapi32.dll. Anyone know how I can get these files?
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jan 20, 2006, 12:15 AM
    Missing Dll Files
    Hello Michelle (Mazzie),

The two missing Dll. Files you requested can be downloaded free at:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html]

And;

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html

I hope these will fix your problem.

Poseidon
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
    I'm not sure which OS you are using but you may need to re-register the dlls. When I do this I normally unregister them first (probably not necessary but I do it just for the sake of completeness.)

Click Start -> Run
    Type regsvr32 -u Icwhelp.dll
    Press [Enter]
    Click Start -> Run
    Type regsvr32 Icwhelp.dll
    Press [Enter]

This unregisters then re-registers icwhelp.dll. Just do the same for tapi32.dll. You may not need to do this but if you do that is how :D
    mazzie Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Thank you for the info. In the meantime, I upgraded the guy's OS to XP Home. I have put the information in my book I keep with weird problems. I appreciate the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing .dll Files [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all... I just re-installed XP about a week and a 1/2, maybe 2 weeks ago. While re-installing, the setup claims that it couldn't find files pid.dll and msjtes40.dll. I have tried going on to microsofts site and trobleshooting and I've surfed the net like crazy trying to find these files. I have...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

Missing cab files... Yipe! [ 1 Answers ]

I seem to have misplaced my win98se disk, and I need cab files to load in a PCI USB Card, does anyone have on there windows 98se disk "base5.cab? I' need it bad?

Please Help! Missing files! [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a computer from a local computer trade show. The computer came with windows xp professional installed. They did not, however, give me any cd's or anything for windows. I am completely computer illiterate and didn't realize until later that I should have received cd's for...

MyConfiguration files missing [ 1 Answers ]

My Configuration files are Missing.. I'm Running Windows XP and I'm getting ERROR, Your configuration files are missing.. HELP!. Does anyone know what happen.. ::)

View more questions Search