Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 9, 2008, 10:39 PM
    She is driving me crazy!
    My childhood best friend lost her dad about 6 months ago. She is single, 34, christian and she is a very pretty girl. She met a christian man by chance who was is jail. They had been together for 5 years, she had visitation rights one on one because she got a false marriage certificate in Mexico for fifty dollars. So, their love grew stronger. Meanwhile she has had affairs, but remains a virgin. She has done foreplay only. Well, she is waiting for this man. After five years, she finds out, he lied to her about the reason he was in jail, he had not killed in self defense, he has had sex with a minor, less than 14... she got mad and broke off for about a year or less. Then, got back together, now they've been together for 7 years. They are miles apart and they see each other very seldom. He hardly writes as much always has an excuse. She lives in a very small town, I live in a city about 150 miles away from her. She is still waiting for this man, but in the meanwhile has a terrible crush with her married store department manager. She calls me everyday to talk about him. She dwells on small stuff every single day and blames her depression for her actions, such as being subordinate to her bosses. She biterly complains about women who have husbands enjoying good sex. I've advised her to get a boyfriend through out this 7 years. But, she won't and she is going back to live in Mexico, this guy will be thrown back there. I need some advice on how to tell her nicely or hint to stop calling me so much for little things. I just can't find the heart to do it, I feel bad for her. I'm her only friend, but I am tired of hearing her negative behavior each day. I don't think she is normal, many other people call her names like crazy, cucu and more. She is a good person and I love her like a sister. Help!
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Could you meet and do something together and maybe get on the same page? You mentioned she is Christian; is this a problem? Churches (Baptist, Catholic, whatever) have lots of opportunities for service work. Maybe you could go whitewater rafting together. You may be able to share some activity and 'reset' the boundaries.

Feb 10, 2008, 10:28 PM
    I mentioned christian, because she will only marry a christian man. I need some feedback, is she a little anti-social or what, I'm confused and I know her... I just wanted some feedback on how to tell her to call me less. I love her, but she is driving me crazy. Once for her birthday I got us two tickets for a concert. I made that expense to just stay for the first 30 minutes because she wanted to go to sleep. In the past, I've invited her with me to sports bars without avail. I've provided a lot of details about her for the reader to be able to pain a picture. She calls me her counselor. When we talk, I'm saying something and she cuts me off and says her problem is more important. She is very sensitive I've told her stuff in the past and she acts so offended.
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Tell her Straight! People need to know what there doing wrong! But if that would complete wreck her because she is sensitive, do what george go to some community meetings/ a trek in the woods/ meet up on a set day and just pamper yourselves, anything like that. Or a dodgey substitute - go to a quicky date place..

Feb 10, 2008, 10:46 PM
    The good news is that I didn't pay my cell phone and I hardly answer the home phone. I won't pay my phone till next week... so, I will rest.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Maybe its time for some tough love. Nicely tell her exactly how you're feeling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving Me Crazy [ 1 Answers ]

This is a late 80's or early 90's movie about three or four kids who take oof on there bikes to go camping in the woods by the lake. There is a scene in which a heavy set boy has just gotten out of the shower and is eating a candy bay and driving a remote control car while singing "THE WANDERER!' ...

Driving me crazy. [ 7 Answers ]

I made my boyfriend stay at his moms house tonight... we have been together for two weeks straight and we are fighting all the time... we fight when I'm just trying to talk to him.. and he turns everything into an argument... but today when he came to get his shoes after work, he said he should...

My ex driving me crazy [ 3 Answers ]

The relationship I had with my ex was something I thought was great and could work but after 6 months things went all wrong as he started to hit me. This happen about 8 times and I just couldn't take it any more so I just left. I console in my best friend for 9 years about it and he was mad...

She is driving me crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new grandchild with my sons girlfriend. They live together and I have always treated her like a part of our family. She ignors me, and does not care if we see the child or not. She has made the decision to not participate in our christmas traditions this year. How do I deal with an...

This is driving me crazy! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't remember the name of the movie, but it is driving me crazy!! It is form the 80's or 90's. It is about a little girl, and she steps through a mirror in her bedroom and goes to an animated land with little creatures. I think the little girl was brown headed, but I'm not sure. Any help would...

View more questions Search