Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiousmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Swollen, red penis
    My 9 month old son has been feverish and very congested for the last 4 months on and off. He was just on antibiotics not too long ago, was fine for a week, and now sick again. He has had a bit of diaper rash, which is totally normal, except it usually goes away with crème. About a 1/2 inch above his penis there is a dime sized red spot, and tonight after his bath, I noticed his shaft is very red and swollen. He screamed the moment I touched it, obviously it's very tender. No discharge or anything around his head, and he is circumcised. I'm wondering if this infection is due to his immune system being low from being sick so much, or if his penis is where the infection started and he's been trying to fight off this thing for the last 4 months. PLease help! :confused:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Most likely it is a yeast infection from the medication. Call his doctor they can give him some medication. I would try to leave his diaper off as much as possible and let him get some air on it if it hurts that bad. Regardless of the time of night I would call the doc... thats why their there.
    vtram7 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Call the doctor!! He could have a blockage, a strangulation in his penis, anything. Page the pediatrician... he won't mind! Better to be safe! Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red eared slider with swollen neck [ 1 Answers ]

My red eared slider turtle has swollen skin around his neck, he also seems to be shedding skin. Can you tell me how to help him and what is wrong with him. Thanks

Swollen lump on penis (just when erect) [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've searched the 'Net and found a lot of answers about what this is NOT. Today after masturbating, I noticed that there was a large, somewhat soft lump on the bottom right side of my penis just below the glans. It has never been there before. There was no coloration. When flaccid it...

Swollen bump on penis [ 2 Answers ]

:confused:One morning my wife and I were having sex but I had to stop it because the tip of my penis started hurting. Later in the day it kept hurting to so when I looked at it there was a small lump where the shaft and the head meets and a small hard vein was underneath well, at least that's what...

Lump/Swollen side of penis [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, Today I returned home and noticed the left side of my penis (on the shaft near almost near the head) was swollen, and there was a lump that kind of feels like a trail of something maybe (almost like a hard string that goes halfway around the penis)? Anyway, I've been researching for the...

Red, swollen, painful skin sores in family [ 1 Answers ]

I started getting painful sores on my arms about 8 months ago after some kind of spider bites. The sores appear from a pin prick scratch or from nothing I can see and grow in size with no apparent design. The appearance of them are all different except they are hot to the touch, painful, swell, and...

View more questions Search