Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrivers11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Damage and loss.
    Can you sue your auto insurance company if they want to total your damaged car out at a lesser value than you agree with?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrivers11
    Can you sue your auto insurance company if they want to total your damaged car out at a lesser value than you agree with?
    So they insurance company is saying you only get lets says $500, and you think its $900?

I would suggest you read your insurance policy. Make sure you read all the details.

Next, assuming you are covered.. is it that you both got different estimates? Why not go and find a neutral 3rd party to estimate it?

You can sue anyone.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2006, 06:54 PM
    sue
    You can of course always sue someone. Now winning may or may not happen.

First your insurance policy will have the rules normally for determining value and how such costs can be figured. Normally they base the figures on average book values. If you can show your car was in better shape, show where similar cars are selling for higher values they may work with you.

And of course at times, they make an offer of an lower price and will raise the offer once you ask for more ( should not, but many do)

You did not say what type of car and how much they were offering and what you wanted, that will help make some difference.

Would it be worth hiring an attorney and suing for 200 dollars?? Most likely not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto collision, no damage, said was not there [ 1 Answers ]

A car and I were stopped at a red light. I was doing something and my foot slipped off the break. I rolled into the car in front of me. There was no damage to either vehicle. The lady in the front car got out asked me to write down my name, phone # and license plate # and asked to see my driver...

Problem with water damage [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and roommate are students at KCAI. They leased a 2 bedroom apartment in July 2005. The property has a one bedroom unit underneath which is/was gutted and being renovated. They had completed putting blown installation in the ceiling and were dry walling the unit. My daughter’s apartment...

Little help please! Criminal damage case [ 3 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

Little help please - criminal damage to property [ 8 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

Rita's damage! [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is an evacuee and is staying with us until her town gets the okay for residents to return. My question... she has a freezer and 'fridge with items that, by the time she returns home,will have gone VERY BAD!! After 3 to 4 weeks can the applainces be saved and cleaned of odor and how?? If...

View more questions Search