Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reddog Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Is there any avialable Medical assistance?
    I have been going to Louisiana State Out Patient Psychiatry Clinic for over 20 years and I am on Social Security Disability for severe depression with anxiety for about 10 years. I have been unable to continue receiving free medication from them now for about 2 or 3 years now, even though all my information is still the same as before and still on free care at the facility. The doctors chooses not to co-operate now, along with medication advocate. The doctors try to get me to go to another facility that charges for care. Obviously, that is not a possibility for me, because that's why I have to go to my State facility where they are suppose to care for people that are not able to pay. They say that they do not have the time or finances to continue proper processing so that I can constantly receive my needed medication because I receive medicare (even though it is documented that I always have). Sometimes they give me free samples. So I am forced to go without medication for periods, forcing me to go through withdrawal symptoms and then restart from low then higher doses again continuously because of low income (not able to pay any amount not paid for by medicare). They just give me the prescriptions knowing that I will be unable to get them filled. Also doctor says to just sign papers without being able to see what I am signing by covering rest of paper with their hand, or it is blank, then they fill it in later, then later I see false information when I receive my copy. For example: I tell them that the medication has been unavailable (as they are already aware of) for over a month or more and they document that I have taken the medication on appointment day when I have plainly stated no such thing. So, needless to say, my doctors visits are very stressful and not beneficial to me except that they sign the necessary papers needed for me to continue to receive my Social Security benefits.
    Is there any help available for this situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Are you on any medicaid coverage from your state, for low income to cover medical costs ( some anyway)
    Also if you are on social security disability you should be eligible for some level of insurance coverage ( a manged care plan)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need your assistance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody, Please I need some information about help desk and its functions. Regards,

Medical Abortion Your Urgent Assistance Needed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I am in very early pregnancy (4 weeks) and I have misoprostol medication already (for treatment of ulcers). I have not taken the misoprostol since I have been pregnant but am considering using it to induce my own abortion. I need to know which dosage I should take to induce it myself and...

In need of assistance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this. I'm 25, married, and have a 5 year old little girl. Hard working (60+) hours a week and I can not seem to get ahead at all. I'm renting and am struggling to pay off old debt as well as current bills. I can't afford to pay off everything and survive. I have gotten local...

I really need assistance [ 3 Answers ]

I am new to the 'business world' and need a bit of help, I am having a hard time understanding what they are asking in the following question: Last year rattner Robotics had $5,000,000 in operating income (EBIT). The company had net depreciation expense of $1,000,000 and interest expemse of...

View more questions Search