Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BluStaCon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 11:28 AM
    80's Sci/Fi animated movie set in space
    As a kid in the 80's I remember seeing an animated film set in space. One of the characters was a fussy female robot whom I remember having an access panel over her derrière. (the things you remember as a little kid!) It was also the first animated film in whichI had ever heard the characters curse. (They said 'son of a ') One of the main characters was a rough and gruff scoundrel/hero. Hence why the female robot took exception to being repaired via the rear access panel.

This has been bugging me for a while. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Feb 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
    "Pheonix 2772" could be the movie you're describing. I say that because the placement of the "rear access panel" sounds rather Japanese animeish.

Phoenix 2772 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feb 11, 2008, 09:02 AM
    That's funny, she doesn't look Animeish!

I saw this movie in a theater. It was definitely in English. That's what has made it so frustrating. It was obviously big enough to be released to a theater, but didn't do well enough to be remembered.
    ghoost_dog01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 06:04 AM
    I think it's Starchaser: The Legend of Orin, had it on VHS when I was younger and watched it to death! Check out YouTube - Starchaser: The Legend of Orin Part 4 for the scene I think you're talking about at about 8mins through :)

Feb 12, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Holy Crap!! That's It!! YOU ARE AWESOME!

I watched this in the theaters when I was a kid, I knew I wasn't imagining things!
    ghoost_dog01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Yeah, it's brilliant, wished I saw it at the cinema must've been excellent seeing it on the big screen. Apparently it was originally released in 3D with the glasses, did you see that version?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated Sci fi movie [ 4 Answers ]

Back in the late 70s there was an animated movie that I can't remember the name of. There was 3 or 4 clans of ( I think elves or trolls, certain type of animals and I don't remember the others) who were at war. They ended up joing forces to defeat a larger threat. It was kind of like Lords of the...

Animated 60's-70's Sci-fi/Fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering about the title of an old animated movie from the 60's maybe early 70's, that involved an alien race keeping humans as pets... With control collars, a moon where the alien's dreams went, learning headsets for the alien children, and the like. The humans use the learning collars to...

80's animated kids movie, takes place in space? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an animated video (not in theaters and probably not on TV, just sold on a VHS) from the 80's about a group of little girls in space? They traveled to different planets or stars to try to save the world from an enemy. The girls had stars painted around their eyes. It wasn't...

Animated sci-fi movie title [ 4 Answers ]

I saw a movie the other day, and I do not know the name. I saw it at like 3 in the morning on encore. It was entirely animated. It was sci-fi, and there were futuristic scenes as well fantasy scenes. It was very long. It had like sub-plots in it; different stories within the story. It went back and...

Help me. 80's animated show/movie about two dogs that travel by space shuttle [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I remember this cartoon from when I was a kid about these two dogs that traveled by space shuttle at night. I remember the opening for it a little and it was of a log cabin in the middle of the woods and this space shuttle that would hover over the cabin to pick up the dogs. The dogs...

View more questions Search