Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avajames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Percent change
    I did the calculations for common-size comparison for years 2000 to 2001. To do the % change, do I use the actual numbers from the balance sheet or the percents from the common-size comparisons?

THX!:confused:
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Hi. You want the actual numbers from the balance sheet. Just for example, if current assets were 20% in 2000 and then went up by 3%, if all assets went up by 3%, the current assets will still be 20% of the total. So you'd be comparing 20% to 20%, looking like there was no change. There's no change in percentage, but there is change in the actual dollar amount. So you need those actual dollar values. Divide the change by the original amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Percent changes [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me out with this? On December 31, 1995, there were an estimated 411 prison inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents. This number rose to an estimated 476 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents by December 31, 2002. a.What percentage of the U.S. population were prison inmates at the...

Percent increase [ 3 Answers ]

Hi please help me out What is the formula for calculating percentage increases? For example in 2005 we sold 1500 apples in 2006 we sold 8700 apples. How much was the increase in percents? Thanks

Percent to a fraction [ 3 Answers ]

What is the answer 85% to a fraction?

Chemisty- Percent Comp. [ 1 Answers ]

What s the percent of hydrogren in H2SO4?

Tax percent deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question regarding the percentage of tax that would be deducted on my monthly pay. I am currently on my OPT and this is my second emplyer. I am on OPT since Jan, 2006. Is there a fixed percent tax deduction for all OPT candidates? Does it depend on previous tax returns? The only...

View more questions Search