Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homeworkreview Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Credit Reporting Used as a weapon
    What are the options for getting a company to correct their erroneous credit reporting? This has to do with Geico the Insurance company. They terminated my policy, sent me a refund. Now they are claiming we re-signed and that we owe and are reporting the lack of payment.

We never restated our policy, they were quite rude and unhelpful about our cancelation (no notice, no warning) so we immediately got coverage with a carrier we have used in the past.

Anyone know if you can sue them for this malious behavior?

Thanks,
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Credit bureaus
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=17570

Use the above link for information on disputiing information.

Be sure to include copy of the refund they sent you, cancelling your policy.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 11:54 AM
    As for sueing Geico: Sure you could... but look who you're up against. You'd have to have deep pockets to go after them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Credit
    It is very easy to get incorrect data corrected on a credit report.

You ask the credit reporting company for the correct forms to file and you basically tell them why it is correct, show them the evidence you have as to why it wrong.

Once showed the info is wrong they are required ( and normally are glad to correct it)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    As for sueing Geico: Sure you could...but look who you're up against. You'd have to have deep pockets to go after them.
    Or just hire a lawyer who will work on a contingency basis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reporting inheritance for taxes [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to clear up what to report on my individual tax form from a recent inheritance from a parent. I directly inherited 1 a teacher's pension fund lump sum settlement (I think it's considered like life insurance payout), 2 a life insurance pay out, 3 and an annuity cash out....

Reporting immigration fraud [ 3 Answers ]

If you know of Immigration fraud that is going on in Cincinnati Ohio can anyone tell me with whom I would report it to? I have tried various numbers and they are either disconnected or only computer voiced. Thx

Reporting sign on bonuses [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: If anyone can help me I would be so happy! Recently, I got a report from the IRS. I suppose I was audited for the year 2003 where I was in school full time working on a master's degree and received a sign on bonus for $30,000 to sign an employee 3-year contract for when I graduate. This...

Credit reporting [ 3 Answers ]

When someone is offered a settlement or you are negociating (sp) with a creditor or collection agency. Some say to try to get the creditor to put PAID IN FULL OR NEVER LATE OR no deal. How do you really know that they will abide by what they are saying, I know they can't be trusted. Do you wait...

View more questions Search