Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kstranny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Stimulus Tax Rebate Check
    We have two adult children, 19 and 21, both in college and both earned over $3000 last year. We as their parents file jointly and claim them as our dependents. My question is this: Will our children get a rebate check of $600 a piece or will we get one for each of them under the $300 dependent children area?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 03:12 PM
    YOU will probably get the $300 since you claimed them as dependents.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 08:56 PM
    This is from the IRS web site:
    "Taxpayers who file their tax returns using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number issued by the IRS or any number issued by the IRS are ineligible. Also ineligible are individuals who can be claimed as dependents on someone else's return, or taxpayers who file Form 1040-NR, 1040-PR or 1040-SS...

Eligible taxpayers who qualify for a payment will receive an additional $300 for each child who qualifies for the child tax credit."
    thatgirl04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 05:30 AM
    To get the $300 per child, the child must be under the age of 17 and you have to get the child credit in your 2007 taxes.

If your child is over 17, or you did not get the child tax credit: you will not get the extra amount on your check.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Agreed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stimulus tax rebate checks [ 5 Answers ]

Will non-resident aliens with H-1B visas get the currently discussed tax rebate checks as well that the government is going to send to taxpayer to stimulate the economy? I have been in the States for the last 4 working etc.

Nontaxpaer rebate check [ 1 Answers ]

If it is approved. Will social security recipients get a rebate check too??

H4 tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My annual income in the US would be $60000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How...

H4 - Tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

My company in the US would pay me $5000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How much money would I end up in hand per month?

Tax Rebate for my Spouse [ 1 Answers ]

I was in US for the full year 2005 on L1 Visa and my wife could join me only in the month of Jan,2006 as she was expecting and the paper work for the new born in India could only be completed by Jan,2006. Can I claim tax exemptions for both of them.I don't have any SSN or ITIN for my spouse and...

View more questions Search