Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mssuezee Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Locked up PC
    I cannot get pass the desktop. I have no icons. The wallpaper has the date on it and is correct. The screensaver also works and has a clock on it that is correct. I can move the mouse arrow around... but can't get into anything. The PC has been sitting for a couple of months. Just hooked it back up yesterday. What should I do?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Click on Start and see what you get, if you don't have the start button, restart the computer, and as it powers back up, hit the F8 key.

This will allow you to start in safe mode, and should give you access to the start button and you can then check to see what programs are still working.

Sorry couldn't be of more help.

Good luck!
    mssuezee Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Tried what you suggested. Have nothing but a black screen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be locked away from outside world [ 4 Answers ]

hi my name is kevin and for nearly 3 years I've been severely depressed I've been able to fight the depression with little missions to cure myself but none have worked and I've ran out of ideas when I was 19 I felt great id go out nearly every night and have a right laugh with ma mates in the pub...

Locked out of my computer [ 2 Answers ]

I am home sick, and I can't get on my computer to do my homework. Im at my neighbors house right now, but I have essential info on my home computer. My mom keeps it locked with a password that I don't know. I was wondering if there was any way to bypass the Windows XP user login screen.

Locked out by my ex [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. My ex locked me out of our apartment after a 3 day fight. I came home with the locks changed. I am listed as an occupant on the lease and was not given any written notice. All my furniture is in there. I have reciepts for the furniture with only my name on the bill...

I'm getting locked up. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How long is the statue of limations on a juvinlie on probation if I run away... mind you I ture 18 in about 4 months... Please help.

Locked out [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Maryland, and received a request to vacate a property I rent. I have vacated the property but have left some belongings there, and have not turned the key over to the landlords. I received a notice to appear in court, the date of which has not come. I went to the property to get my...

View more questions Search