Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chief5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Is there a cure for mouth odour?
    I'm in a position to cut my relationship to my new lover, 2months since we start our relation. She has got a bad smelling from her mouth. What make me even more angry. It seems that I'm also affected from it througth the romance with her.
    Any one help!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Does she have gum disease? That will cause a terrible odor. My youngest son had the start of it and I never knew what it was. Kept brushing his teeth, thinking it would go away. Then we went to the orthodontist and found out the truth. After two weeks of following the regime recommended, no odor, no gum disease (we caught it early enough).

Also contributing factors could be her diet, lack of proper hydration - meaning water intake, and/or other health factors. Maybe she needs a good physical too.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 03:05 PM
    She needs to go to a dentist and have her mouth and gums cleaned! The dentist can give an opinion on what is causing this odor, too. Then, she must clean her mouth(including brushing the tongue) every day, in the morning and at night, in the proper way.

Different spices and herbs can cause a foul mouth odor. Garlic is specially bad! There are other foods that cause bad breath, too, as well as diseases.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Odours can be the most powerful of attractants and repellents. It can be difficult to express that there is an odour problem to someone you are close to. Be honest and kind. If nothing else, it will help her in future relationships.

Without a trip to the dentist. She should floss and brush at least twice a day. Flossing is the best treatment for most bad mouth odours. The toothbrush only cleans 3 sides of each tooth, teeth have 5 sides each. The gum area between teeth can harbour a mild infection and smell. People mention brushing of the tongue. I suggest flossing it, gently, after flossing all of the teeth. Then a thorough brushing. It may take a few days for this to have an effect. If after a few days have passed, and she is flossing twice or more per day and it still smells bad, she should go to the dentist.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Don't forget about brushing / scraping your tongue. Trust me there is a horrible amount of debris there that can cause this. How bad this can be depends on what you eat as well as the topography of your tongue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Smell and odour [ 1 Answers ]

:D Why do we get a smell immediately after the first shower of rain? :rolleyes:

Strange odour [ 1 Answers ]

I have been staying at my partner's house for the last 10 months and about 5 months ago a strong smell of fish (tuna or salmon) began to dominated the hall at the bottom of the stairs from about 10:30 pm to 11:00pm. Just recently it has got stronger and last night it was so strong that I could...

Strange odour [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine light has been on on my 1999 Toyota Camry and the EGR valve has already been replaced... by a friend, the light is still on, I think the valve was changed since November 2006. Now whenI start the car I smell a strange odour and it seem to get worse with the heat running. Is there...

Body Odour [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 18 year old guy who started suffering from serious strong body odour since last year. I bath at least twice a day, use antibacterial soap, tried tons of deodorants etc and nothing works. I'm very clean and I have no idea what's causing my BO. I've tried everything and nothing works....

Odour from drains [ 1 Answers ]

We recently moved into an older home (although the plumbing is quite new) and have noticed that when we don't use the bathroom shower, or guest toilet or kitchen sink for a bit (i.e. leave home for a few days) we return to a foul stench coming from these sources. It seems to go away once we start...

View more questions Search