Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalie.griffin1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Little Scared
    Well I just recently found out I was pregnant, but when I went to the doctor for lower abdominal pain. He told me that I am pregnant, but my HCG level is low. :( I had three ultrasounds and they didn't show anything and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm really worried that I may have a ectopic pregnancy and I really want this child. Can someone help me understand?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 09:44 AM
    Did he not give you any hope - or warnings - as to the low HCG level?

You are right to be concerned (yes, it may be an eptopic or miscarriage indicator) - but there's not much you can do until the cause of the low level is determined.

Check out this information.

I'd call that Dr. right back and ask "When should we be concerned" and "what can I do in the meantime that might help?"
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Some doctors can be brutal. My wife and I had experience with doctors who were negative right from the start and making judgements right away even without ultrasounds. Please relax and rest. There maybe something wrong and there may not be but never lose hope. Just rest and try to relax. I know it is easier said then done but the stress caused from others does not do anybody any good.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 19, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Dear, if the doctor said it was OK, then listen to him/her or seek another opinion. At four weeks, there is hardly much to see on the ultrasound (maybe what look like 4 to 12 cells - not really much) Wait until the next one, it will reveal a little more. At the beginning of the second trimester, it will be the size of a peanut, so you see how fast they grow, and will even be able to hear a heartbeet.
    Get reassurance, and please don't let things stress you out. Check on the site from Rikj, and below are a few more, some even have forums where you can ask a doctor directly. BUT remember these do NOT take the place of a doctor's visit.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102
    Scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise,
    Dangers, etc.

http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html

www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.

Just don't do any heavy lifting, or exercise that you are not used to already, and no saunas unless you've been using them at least twice a week for many years.

It's all hurry and wait now, so take good care!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So scared [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody Can someone out there lend me a hand? Im going through huge upheaval at the moment. I feel like Im losing everything that matters to me. What is going on? Will I find the right man for me? Will I ever have kids? Im so tired and hate waking up in the morning, only to feel...

Scared to get tested [ 12 Answers ]

I just got out of a 2 year relationship like 4 months ago. I only had, had sex with my ex who I loved very much. I'm 19 by the way. We had sex when I was 17 and he was almost 5 yrs older than me and we had it continuously through the 2 years we were together. We were always safe and cautious. With...

Scared [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, well I'm 17 and I've never missed a period or varied on the days or anything like that. My family has a history of still having their period all throughout pregnancy, my mom, sister, aunt, grandmother, and 2 cousins all had bleeding for the first few months of pregnancy. I think I...

Scared him away [ 4 Answers ]

I met scott 3 1/2months ago. It was my first time being out since I had my baby who is now 6months old. So I met scott in a club I was pretty drunk he walked me home and we had a kiss I gave him my number. The next day he text me but I couldn't really remember what he looked like and I wasn't up...

Scared [ 1 Answers ]

On June 4th I had sex, I woke up today with some spotting, now my period is due June 13th but is usually late by a week or more. I did a hpt, and it was negaitive but that still does not mean anything. I have felt sick a little but sometimes I get that right before my period.I don't know what to...

View more questions Search