Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolf9009 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 08:40 PM
    11hp Control Lever Spring or Cable
    11HP Craftsman starts great but will not rev up to high. Is there a spring or cable that goes from the governor to the control lever? I see a small hole on the control lever but no cable or spring. If yes, is it hard to replace?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Yes, and no it is not hard to replace.

Feb 10, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    yes, and no it is not hard to replace.
    I am sorry to request this, but could you give a little more detail as to what I need & where all this connects? I went to B&S & Sears website & no detailed information on part(s) needed or where to connect on both sides. I have only done basic tune up, oil service & blades before. Thank you.

Mar 11, 2008, 01:51 PM
    My cure for my problem was to clean all the dirt, oily stuff, debris, etc from behind the bowl where the cable should be free. I sprayed it with Blaster, waited awhile & carefully brushed off the gunk. I am now able to rev the engine higher & engage the blades & actually have some power to mow at a higher rate of speed. Of course one should also look under the quill assemblies under the deck where the blades attach & be sure there is no string, wire or other foreign object that is preventing the blades from moving freely. Thanks for the info & the best thing is my cure didn't cost me anything but a little time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

B&S 11HP - Need Pulleys [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have a b&s lawn tractor and I was wondering where I can order pulleys. I have removed the engine pulley and trans pulley the engine pulley has a bigger "hole" so I have no idea where to look for them. If somebody can please post a site where to buy them and how to measure them, I would be...

Briggs 11hp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I Have A Plobem With My B&s 11hp Motor, I Don't Know How The Counterweights (2) Are Aligned Whit The Crankshaft, Can You Help Me Please?? The Counterweigths Are Located In The Side Carnkcase Cover... thanks

NEED HELP Replacing engine stop/control cable on Murray Lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

THe cable broke on the inside and I can't figure out how to take off the end that hooks onto the lawn mower, because it's a weird squared off round connector that seems to require some special tool to take it off or something Here is a pic of something kind of similar although it doesn't have...

View more questions Search