Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neicee7681 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Electric Dryer Question
    I have a Frigidaire Electric Dryer that is taking entirely too long to dry clothes. It takes about 3 dryer cycles (approximately 3 hours) to get one regular load of clothes to dry completely. When I open the dryer, it feels pretty warm/hot. Any ideas what could be causing this?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 09:00 AM
    Start at the fan, making sure it turns OK, and then follow the air path clear out to the vent. Since it heats up inside, likely it is a lack of air flow. Heating elements usually either are OK or don't work at all.
    augustknight Posts: 83, Reputation: 31

Jan 19, 2006, 11:26 AM
    Remove the panel from behind the dryer. Since you get heat the element is OK, I think what has happened is the heating duct has dislodged from the opening in the back of the dryer. Most likely from vibrations. If so, simply tap it back in place with a rubber hammer or a cloth over a regular hammer. No need to smash it, just make sure it is in evenly. There is a retaining strip that may be bent, that will be easily fixed. Good luck.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Another reason may the large felt gaskets that go around the outer edges of both ends of the drum are worn. If loose the gaskets allow air to bypass the heater element.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Feb 2, 2006, 06:34 PM
    How are you doing with this one? Have you been able to resolve it?
    neicee7681 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2006, 01:55 PM
    Yeah sorry... I think we got it figured out. There was a hole in the hose at the back of the dryer. Thanks for all your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rear bearing on General Electric clothes dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to replace the rear bearing on dryer model DDE6500GALAD? I can put a drop of oil on it from the rear of the dryer and it stops squeaking for a few loads but then starts again. I can't find any documentation for it on the GE site. Thanks

Magic chef electric dryer thermal cutoff [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Magic Chef electric dryer model # YE/YG225LV, the dryer runs but doesn't heat up. I had this problem before and the part # 279769 was replaced by my dad last year and that solved the problem. My dad recently has passed away, and I want to know how to replace this part again, and...

Electric dryer heats up, won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty dryer that heats up, but nothing happens when I press that start button. By heating up, I mean I turn the timer dial and I can open the door, look inside, and see the glowing red heating element and it is still heating with the door open. Pressing the start button,...

Whirlpool electric dryer not fully drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool electric dryer model number gew9868kq0. When I have a little load it dries OK in auto mode. When I have a med to full load I have to start it up a few times to dry in auto sensing mode. Any help would be great... Mike

Yet another dryer question [ 12 Answers ]

WOW what a great site!! 35 and this is only my second home repair on my own! Ok I have a Whirlpool dryer I have taken it apart and cleaned it up I also believe I have narrowed the problem down. The dryer was turning off after about 15 minutes, once it cooled down it would start again. The...

View more questions Search