Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Baby's movement
    This baby used to move a lot but the last two days she barley moves maybe 3 times but not as hard ethier is this normal I was at the docs yesterday moring before I realized she is not moving as much but every thing was good and her heart beat was good is something wrong or is this normal?? Please help I am so scared o by the way I am 24 weeks!:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 06:56 PM
    She could be going through a sleepy period. As long as you are feeling her move, that is good.

Has your doctor or nurse taught you how to do a fetal kick count?

Feb 8, 2008, 07:03 PM
    No they did not they didn't tell me anything like that
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Here is a great site. Kick Counts : American Pregnancy Association

You really want to feel about 10 movements in a two hour period.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 10, 2008, 09:04 AM
    My baby seems to have days where she is really quiet and other days where she is all over the place all day long. Supposedly it is normal for them to have quiet days. The important thing is that you do feel some type of movement every day. However, at 24 weeks I was still not feeling much movement (at least not movement everyday) but everyone is different and every pregnancy is different.

Feb 10, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Well is this your first this is my 3rd and it takes some time longer in new moms and just want to let everyone know she is moving a lot again back to her normal self so thank u
    babeej Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Feb 11, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Have you tried to bug her? I mean excersise, wake her up, jump around. The trick my doctor told me to try was drinking a coke. The caffine stimuatles her and should get her to move. After you have excersied or had a coke, just lay down flat on your bed, don't move around a lot for about an hour. She should respond by being woken up and she move a lot. If not, I would seek my doctors advice immediately, because sleepy period or not, something could be wrong.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:24 PM
    I wouldn't suggest caffine. I'm a bit surprised that your doctor suggested it babeej. However, drinking something cold, and sugary(like orange juice, etc) is definitely a good idea to get the little one moving. Its just like when little kids get sugar in their system, and the sugar rush gets them bouncing off the walls. Same idea, just on a smaller scale for a smaller person. Sitting/laying down for an hour, while drinking something cold and sugary, you should start feeling some action. Baby's tend to be quieter and sleepier when you are active throughout the day as well. Once you lay down to go to sleep, it seems they decide to wake up and party. Hah. Glad to hear you are feeling movement again, and good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My baby's father [ 1 Answers ]

When filing for child support is OK if I do not ss # of the father?

Bowel movement [ 1 Answers ]

I have had soft stool for 2 days now it is dark. Why

My baby's daddy [ 7 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the date of my last period is July 9'th. I had sexual encounters with two different men in that month. One on the 15'th and another on the 21'st and 22'nd. Can you please tell me who fathered my baby?:confused: :confused: :o :o :(

Baby's last name [ 4 Answers ]

I am 6 months pregnant and so confused. The baby's father wants the baby to have his last name, but the dad has not help or been a part of the pregnancy this far. I have invited him to all my doctor's appt. and he says he wants to come but never does. He has 2 kids already and the live with him. He...

Baby's gender [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and curious if it is a boy or a girl

View more questions Search