Ask
    ajm22663 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Removal of wax from clothing
    Can anyone tell me how to get hair removal wax out of clothing :confused:
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 04:25 PM
    How about freezing the clothes then scraping?
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Feb 8, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Possibly try rubbing alcohol. Or simple green.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 04:40 PM
    You could use an iron and some paper towels. Heat the iron, place the paper towel over the fabric, and heat/melt the wax. The paper towel will absorb the melted wax.
    NeveJy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Go to the craft store in the candle making section. There is a liguid made to remove wax.While the iron and paper towels will remove the wax,it usually leaves a greasy spot .
    I made candles for a long time and have found this the best way to remove wax from clothes or other items that soak up the wax. Good Luck!!
    quicklearner Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Mar 22, 2008, 11:04 AM
    what I've done that works is you get a brown paper bag... cut it to make it flat and get out the iron. Get that iron as hot as possible... and no steam! If there' swater in the iron empty it.

place the paper bag on the

- carpet
    - table
    - shirt
    - pants
    - *insert wax-stained item here*

and start ironing.

be sure to change the position of the paper bag, and make sure that you don't iron the wax back INTO whatever you are ironing when you reposition the paper bag.

(don't try this on your skin... I know it's the new millennium and people are doing things with candle wax on their skin for the purpose of--- well, you know--- ;^) skin, paper bags and irons do not mix!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Futuristic clothing [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody know where to buy futuristic looking clothing? After watching aeon flux, I feel convinced that somehow I have to find a jacket like Trevor Goodchild's. Please help...

Emo clothing [ 11 Answers ]

I'm dark skind but I like emo clothing. Should I go for it or what?:confused: :( :confused: :mad: I don't know what 2 do. HELP

Emo clothing? [ 12 Answers ]

Ummm hi :D Is emo clothing so over??

Wholesale clothing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm opening a business that will sale mostly lingerie. Teen and women clothing and accessories, Does anyone know any good wholesale companys to buy from this will be a retail store so it needs to be stocked. Thanks a lot.

View more questions Search