Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dasabens Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Grants for felons
    I am a 50 year old professional who has a 10 year old drug possession felony
    On my record--my skills qualify me to become a small business consultant
    Helping small businesses use proven business practices and modern technology
    To grow and prosper.
    I would like to start my own small business coaching business but it takes money
    To become what is commonly referred to as certified.

How can I obtain money either through grants or loans when I live in Indiana
    But my felony was in California?
    will63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 12:12 AM
    Does anyone know if there is any government grants given to convicted felons to help pay off part of $24,000.00 so that I be released from probation to leave the State of MS and go to Louisanna and work in the oil field.
    Jillian Wheeler Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 9, 2008, 04:15 PM
    If you're interested in starting a business, I'd recommend you check out the Small Business Administration site, at www.sba.gov. While you are there, take a look at the Microloan programs, which are great for small businesses that need under $40,000.

Unfortunately, there really aren't very many grants to start or grow a business, despite all the promises you see on the Internet. Some cities and states offer "economic development" programs, so it's worth checking to see if those exist in your area.

Of course, there are grants for projects that benefit the community, and many people have started such projects and created jobs for themselves.

Best of luck,

Jillian
    Chris richard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 11:07 PM
    Grants for trade school

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for felons [ 4 Answers ]

HI. I'm interested in finding information about grants available for released prison inmates. This information would need to be useful in assisting them in starting businesses, buying a home or just anything in general in helping them and their families getting back on their feet.

Grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I need info. On student grants for convicted felons returning to school

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any grants for felons? And if so.. how do I apply for them

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Are there grants for convicted felons.

View more questions Search